Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Auntie Versary

Oh, I am so very far behind in posting. Oh well. Ben's and my anniversary is January 13th. Since I knew that Ben had gotten me a gift, and I couldn't afford one for him, I let him choose the restaurant we would go to. Like I suspected, he chose a sushi restaurant. Blech. (I ordered chicken teriyaki.)

Here we are at said sushi restaurant. It looks like I have cords sprouting out of my head:


The tables are really close to each other, and we sat next to this couple who, we could tell, were on a first date. All kinds of awkward pauses in their conversation. Lots of efforts at trying to impress each other. It was funny, and it made me so very glad that I'm not in the dating scene anymore.

While we ate, Ben and I wondered what we would do if he lost his job. And he ended up losing it two days later.

These pictures may look familiar - my friend, Megan, took them of us in December. As my anniversary gift, Ben had some of them developed, and then he framed them and arranged them on our wall in our living room:

I was thrilled about it. I love those pictures.

So... yay! Eight years and counting!!

7 comments:

Nat said...

Those pictures look great! I need you and Ben to come decorate my house. But first I want to paint.

As a fellow anti-sushite, I'm glad they had non-sushi food there for you to eat.

lexykay said...

gosh, i just read nat's blog about jake reading and now you're about your auntie versary. i can't believe you guys have been married for 8 years. i remember one of the first times i met ben we went to the fair and he gave me a piggy back ride on his shoulders to try to impress me or something. i was like... 13 haha! good stuff good stuff.
by the way, sushi is amazing. if you don't like the whole raw fish idea, you should try veggie rolls. they're my FAV. put a little wasabi sauce on there, hmmmmmmm. little ray of sunshine in your mouth. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute photo of you two!!:) I like how Ben arranged the photos on the wall!

Gifford Family said...

Blech Sushi! I am sorry. So I have been so busy and I am now just catching up on your posts. Scheduling here is pretty hectic also! I never get it right.

Patty said...

8 years. Wow. That's nothing to sneeze at. Way to go, kar! And... how could you NOT LIKE SUSHI!
And the picutres.... THE PICTURES! Beautiful.

Lynita said...

What a very thoughtful anniversary present! I hate sushi too! Happy Anniversary... I can never remember anyones anniversary!

Beej said...

Kar, you look so good in that picture. You are so beautiful. I don't know how you don't know that every day. Absolutely gorgeous. And congrats on 8 years! Yay!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...