Monday, March 23, 2009

Valentine's Cookies

Well, I gave the sugar cookie thing another go of it for Valentine's Day. As you may or may not recall, my last sugar cookie extravaganza ended badly. I made them too thick, and then put them in a tupperware thingey, so they didn't hold up well at all. This time, I was careful to make them thin enough, and then let them get a little bit hard overnight. They held together nicely during the decorating process.

I stole a bunch of valentine's candy from Dylan's valentine bag from school, which made the decorating even more fun. Though I personally only like sprinkles on mine. I think red hots and conversation hearts take away from the essential sugary goodness of a plainly decorated and sprinkled sugar cookie.

Here's Dylan - he was upset because he felt like he "messed up" decorating his lip cookie:


Sadie remembered the Frosting First rule this time...


though she went a little bit overboard on the candy:

3 comments:

Nat said...

I love Sadie's cookie! Last time I got sprinkles, they were red-hot flavored! Cinnamon, I guess. It gave the cookies a little zing, and it was quite nice! I recommend them.

Mindy H. said...

Mmmmmmmm....Cookies......If I didn't have FHE tonight I would follow your delicious example and bake some. Oh well. Maybe there will be sugar cookies for treats at FHE, although I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't compare to the masterpieces your kids put together. I think the world would be a better place if there were more candy-covered sugar cookies floating around!

Amy said...

YUM! Ethan used to go for the frosting, then candy, then more frosting and more candy, until it was piled about three inches above the cookie. Then he never ate it. But it was fun to do- looks like your kids had fun too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...