Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Walls

Nat had been wanting to paint her living room for ages, so she recruited me and mom to help her. Pete wouldn't have anything to do with it. A couple of reasons for this. 1) He loves white walls. 2) He cannot stand watching people climb ladders. And he won't climb ladders. It freaks him out.


So Pete "took care of the kids" - I put that in quotes, because it's hard to contain four teeny kids in a downstairs room for an entire day. Troy kept escaping and coming upstairs to "help." Troy likes to be in on the action. He ended up totally stepping in one of our paint trays with his footed jammies. Nat just ended up cutting off that foot (The foot of the jammies. Not his actual foot), which is usually the inevitable end of footed jammies, no matter what, at least at my house. My kids get way too tall for them, but if I cut the feet off (the feet of the jammies, that is), they can last a few more months.


I left for a minute to come home and get our really really tall ladder, and before I left, I said to Brock, "Now, don't touch the paint!" Nat told me that, not one second later, he stuck his hand on the wall. I guess the brown paint on his hand freaked him out.
It's hard to paint with kids around.


Here is a "before" picture of the kitchen. The two walls we painted extend from the living room into the kitchen. Sorry I don't have a good "before" picture of the living room:


We painted one wall a deep chocolate brown. It turned out gorgeous:


Then we painted the opposite wall a chocolate milk color, with the shelf-indent-thingey above it that deep chocolate brown:


See? Truly the color of chocolate milk:


Here's the "after" picture of the kitchen. I think the paint looks so cool against the light cabinetry:


It ended up taking all day long, and when I got home, I didn't do one dang thing but lie around. Painting is exhausting!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...