Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Banana Boats

Mom and Dad invited my family and Nat's family over to make banana boats. This is the first time I've ever had them, and I'm hooked. Anything involving bananas, and I'm game. You slit open the banana with the peel still on it, and make a deep cut into the banana innards. Then you stuff in small marshmallows and chocolate chips, then wrap foil around the banana and throw it into a fire pit for only about five minutes per side. Here is Mom, preparing some:

Oh yeah, we had dinner, too. Duh. Nat had already eaten dinner at home, but she is always game for potato salad:

Ben, playing the part of Cherubim and a Flaming Sword:

This was right after we went boating; hence the flowered swim trunks.
Dad, opening his banana boat:

They were seriously so good.
Troy and Sadie rode this little scooter thing together all night. It was really cute.

Ben, comforting Neurotic Daisy:

Sadie and Troy, looking at the stars:


Jake, doing one of his breakdancing poses for me:


What a gorgeous night it was. Idaho in the summer is the best. It's starting to get a little colder in the mornings, and it makes me sad. Summer doesn't ever last long enough around here.

7 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Mmmm sounds yummy. I will have to try it sometime! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I've never had a Banana boat either. That's so fun that your kids have cousins to grow up around!!

Darling Details said...

I just bought a fire pit! I can't wait to try it. I didn't know I could use coal in it! I can't wait to try it. yum.

Marci

The Dillons said...

mmm... I want some please! So I am a little behind on the your blog. I love the princess bride clip and I am jealous you went boating. I haven't gone in a quite a few years. I have never been waterskiing. Looks like fun!

idasale said...

Sounds like fun!!! Hey I have some questions about the preschool if you could email me when you get a chance that would be great thanks! lyssa26_@hotmail.com

Jenny said...

the YW were talking about these the other night, but i was still kind of vague on how to do it. thanks for the specifics. :) they said they sometimes cook them in their ovens in the winter. i'll probably try it that way . . .

Nat said...

Dude, that night was so nice. I love Idaho summer nights; I too wish we had more of them. Like, 9 months of them. *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...