Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sometimes she's nice...

Sometimes Sadie is the biggest brat on the planet. I look at her and go, "How did I get a child like this???" Because I consider myself to be non-bratty. But maybe I am bratty, and I'm just in denial? I personally think she got the brattiness from Ben. Anyways, just when I think all hope is lost and that she is just going to be a brat for the rest of her life, she does something like this:

Every night, I give the kids a little cup of water by their beds, and when Sadie is asleep, Xena likes to jump onto Sadie's night stand and drink out of her cup. And she always ends up tipping the cup over. (She hasn't spilled Dylan's cup because it's really high, next to his upper bunk.)

I thought it was Sadie spilling her water for the longest time, and then I realized that it was Xena, because Xena spills my water all the time, too. I have to put my scriptures on top of my water glass so that she's not tempted to drink out of my glass in the middle of the night. There have been many late nights/early mornings when I wake to the sound of a glass clinking on my bedroom floor with a splooshing sound. Xena just loves icewater. I do put ice cubes in her water dish every day. Even though she totally doesn't deserve it. I'm still mad at her for peeing on my bed. I don't know what her problem is. We get rid of the kittens on Tuesday and I cannot WAIT. Then maybe Xena will behave herself and relieve herself in the litter box like she used to.

So anyways, I put the kids to bed and give them their waters, and Sadie drinks what she wants of her water, then puts the cup on the bathroom sink for me, so that Xena can't knock it over. It's really quite sweet. It's nice not cleaning up a puddle of water from her bedroom carpet every morning.

So sometimes she's nice...

3 comments:

Gifford Family said...

We call Erin Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde too! She can swing from one extreme to the other so quickly! However, we finally found out that most of that is due to SPD!

Mindy H. said...

My grandmother used to quote an old poem when Jenny and I were little that went something like, "There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forhead. And when she was good she was very, very good, and when she was bad, she was horrid!" I think that is probably true of 97% of all little girls on the planet. :-)

Patty said...

Sweet Sadie. You're not a brat, Kar. She must get it from Ben.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...