Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Buhfcake, Evewyone!!

My title is a direct quote from Sadie, on her birthday. She went around wishing everyone a Happy Birthcake, much like people say at the Christmas season to each other - "Merry Christmas!" So cute.

One of the decorative rocks on the tables at my cousin's wedding (which my kids stole) had four candles on it, which I thought apt for Sadie's birthday:

Opening her presents:

Do you see how she's sitting in the above picture? Micah's therapists are always after her to stop sitting like that. They call it "the W." Because the legs make a W when kids sit like that. I guess it's really bad for your knees. She always, always, always sits like that. I try to tell her to sit differently when I catch it, but I'm obviously not able to monitor her every second. The therapists say that kids who sit like that a lot do it because it creates a large "base." Kids who have weak tone in their torsos often sit like that, because it feels the most stable of all sitting positions. Interesting, huh?
Sadie got a couple of My Little Ponies, and Brock was having fun with one of them:

He was making a beanie baby ride the My Little Pony. He is so funny.
Ever since Sadie had a doughnut on Pioneer Day, she had been insisting on having a "doughnut cake" for her birthday, with pink frosting. So we ordered some doughnuts, with pink frosting, from a local bakery, and stacked them into a cakelike shape, kind of. Here she is, with her pink doughnut "cake," singing, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you..." with the rest of us:

My mom had some leftover huckleberry ice cream from her ward ice cream social that she brought over, so we had huckleberry ice cream with our doughnuts. Here she is, feeding Micah some ice cream:


Slides:
Happy Birthday, my Sadie Lady! You bring so much joy to our lives!!

5 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

Wow, I love the cake, that is so creative!!!

Gifford Family said...

Happy Birthday to Sadie!!! Looks like she had a grand old day. Fun cake... I bet she loved it.

Patty said...

Tell Sadie I love donuts too! I'll bring some over to her house sometime.

Mindy H. said...

I LOVE the doughnut cake. I have been on a doughnut kick since school started so I think I am totally going to copy her when my birthday rolls around in the next few months. Thanks for the great idea and happu belated birthday to Sadie!

Nat said...

I loved the doughnut cake. I'm thinking that that's what Pete will want from now on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...