Monday, September 7, 2009

Two Teeth in One Blow

My little man Dylie lost both bottom front teeth - these are his first ever! They had been loose for a billion years, and he wouldn't let us even touch them. But one day, he was whining about how sore they were, so when I said, "Do you want me to try to pull them?" He actually said, "YES."

I used needle-nosed pliers, thinking that the grippers on them would keep the teeth from being slickery, but they were still really slickery. Mom says next time to use kleenex to wrap around the pliers. Good idea. With the first one, I thought the pliers slid off the tooth, but the tooth had just come out, that easily. With the second one, I had to wiggle twice, and it came out, too. I think Dylan was really freaked out that he bled a little bit. He cried and cried and cried, like, "What have you DONE, Mom???" He looks pretty traumatized in this picture, taken immediately post-pull:

Dylan's friends came over right after I pulled the teeth, and he was like, "No! I'm BLEEDING!!! Waaaahhhhhh!!!!" They giggled and went home. After a few moments, he decided he didn't want to miss out, so he went out to play, but not without a big wad of kleenex in his mouth. He kept that dang thing in his mouth all day. It was disgusting. I finally convinced him to stuff some gauze we had in his mouth, so he did. Here he is, watching TV, HOURS after the pulling:

Here are the teeth:


And see how much better my hand is getting? That burn took forever to heal.
Here Dylan is the next day, much less traumatized:

Oh, he looks so cute without those teeth. I love it, love it, love it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

He'll look so cute in his school pictures this year. Erin lost her bottom two not too long ago either. They are starting to grow in now. I am the official tooth puller here. I prefer the kleenex wrapped around the tooth method- then I just yank at it with my fingers. It has worked every time so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...