Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Teen Titans!

So me and my kids are huge fans of Cartoon Network. We don't really like any of the other kids' networks. Cartoon Network, all the way. I have to admit I love the shows as much as the kids do. Often, when the kids are in bed and I'm looking for something to watch, I'm tempted to turn on Cartoon Network. Seriously.

There's this show on Cartoon Network that's called Teen Titans, and it's a total anime show:

It's about these teenagers who have special powers and work together to fight evil, blah blah blah. My favorite thing is the opening sequence song. You can tell it's a bunch of Japanese people trying to sing English words, and they don't know what they're singing: "Wahn dere's danguh, you know who to callllll... Teen Titon! From deir towah dey can see it allllll... Teen Titon!" It's a crackup.

So Sadie got some stretch pants from my mom for her birthday, and one day she put them on, and she goes, "I look just like a Teen Titan!":


I thought that was pretty cute.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a firm believer that almost everything that originates in comic books and ends up on TV or the big screen is great :)

Teen Titans was originally a comic book series just like Spidey. Never seen the show though... don't have any TV over here outside of what i can get on the net :)

Nicole said...

Karlenn, you are hilarious. I love that you unabashedly watch Cartoon Network. But I can't laugh...if we had tv I'd probably watch it too.

Patty said...

Are you seeing Halloween costume potential here???

Nat said...

Teen Titans is one of the better shows that Pete used to watch back when we had TV.

Anonymous said...

We used to love watching Teen titans! Even before we had kids:) hehe. It is a pretty good show. That's so funny about the leggins and Sadie. How cute!

Jenny said...

my kids love teen titans - even ruby. we have one season on dvd, and that's all they've been watching lately. :)

Mindy H. said...

Jenny's kiddos introduced me to Teen Titans over the summer...I think the theme song is very fun too, especially when Jonah and Ruby try to sing along.

Sadie does look just like a little annime character! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...