Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Throw me the rope.

My family are big fans of the movie, The Princess Bride. (Who isn't?) Whenever we go waterskiing, we use some catch phrases from the movie. The person who is going to ski jumps in the water, then inevitably shrieks because the water is so freakin' cold. After the shrieking subsides, the person sitting at the back of the boat offers, "I theenk I gohsome rrrrope up here..." in Indigo Montoya's thick accent. The skier responds (in Wesley's British accent), "Throw me the rope." You can see this part in the clip below - you'll have to forward it to about one minute, 24 seconds:





Dang, that makes me want to watch that movie ASAP. :) It's the best.


My leetle family went boating with Mom and Dad a couple of weeks ago, and it couldn't have been a more perfect day. It was a Friday, so there weren't too many people there (we went to Palisades Lake, our favorite). And the water was pure glass. Gorgeous. Perfect. Hardly a ripple. What a great ending for the summer!


I love when babies have to wear life vests. The vests always push their little chubby cheeks up:



I'm surprised Micah didn't pitch a fit about wearing his vest.


I went skiing first, because I was scared the beautiful water would turn choppy. You have to take advantage of these things:



Then Ben went wakeboarding, and I seriously fell deeper in love with him:



Doesn't he just look cool??

Then Dad went. I love this shot, because it shows him, at the end of his ski, letting go of the rope and slowly sliding down into the water. That is one of my favorite things to do:

Then the multitalented Ben waterskied. I wish I could rooster tail like that:

We finally talked Dylan into going tubing with Ben. My dad promised to go really slow. Dylan went from nervous:

To scared:

To chin-quivering:

To crying:

To bawling, because we hit another boat's wake and Ben got bounced right off:

A Post Traumatic nap on the way home:

And some slides:






Thanks, Mom and Dad! It couldn't have been a nicer ski day. Viva la Palisades!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How FUN!! I'm sure my kids would've been just as scared as Dylan!! Brynnan wouldn't have even thought about getting on that tube!! Way to go Dylan!:)

lexykay said...

it's so funny that dylan got that scared. i remember taking him a few years ago when he was first learning how to talk. one of his key phrases was "oh my gosh." so we started the tube ride and it was a terrified "oh my gosh.... oh my gosh...." with tears at his eyes. but at the end of the ride he was so enthusiastic like, "oh...my...GOSH!!" and super happy about it.
by the way, love the dialogue of the princess bride quotes. it's so funny, no matter how many times we say it... it still cracks me up!
by the way, you look stud-o-licious on your one ski. you sexy mama you!

Gifford Family said...

I haven't been boating in years!! Looks like you had a grand old time. I never was really good at skiing, but I loved the boating and just being outside!

anjie said...

I thought you were going to quote from when she jumps off the boat. "Do you know what that sound is, Princess? Those are the sounds of the shrieking eels!" Love that movie!

Patty said...

You look cool in those pictures too! And are you sure that was your dad and not Michael Keaton??

Nat said...

I will NOT BE MOVED!

What a wonderful day! You guys really lucked out on the smooth water! I love Dyl's little face on the tube, though. Hee hee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...