Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The First Fall

Well, it finally happened. Micah fell down the stairs. Which is, in and of itself, freaky, but especially freaky on my stairs, which are from 1945 and extremely steep:

Luckily, he finished his tumble on one of the bottom landing stairs, instead of on the hard basement floor:

Do you like my dirty laundry on my stairs? We kind of use the stairs as an unofficial laundry chute. We're neat.
Luckily, Micah was okay. A little shaken, but okay:

Thank goodness. And that scratch on his forehead was from something else. :)
So now it's time to save up for one of those gate thingeys for the top of the stairs:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,man!! I'm glad he's ok. I was at wal-mart today and saw a baby gate and was like, "Hey, this is the first house we've ever been in with kids and the next baby we have will more than likely tumble down the stairs. We'll need to get a gate!" It is a freaky thought!! So yeah, I'm sooo glad he didn't get hurt on the hard cement floor or anything!

Gifford Family said...

I am so suprised he hasn't fallen down the stairs until now! Oakland has fallen down ours several times. Not that I am a bad mother, he has learned how to unhook the gate! Good thing we have carpet all the way down! One time he took his 2 month younger cousin down with him!

Nat said...

Ah, the inevitable stair fall. Poor guy. You should get one of those gates that you can swing open-you push some kind of latch or something. I don't know how much they are, but it's way better than having to try and step over the gate while carrying laundry or something.

Amy said...

I'm glad he made it throught that unscathed. We've had our share of falls- I think all the kids have done that at least twice. We have always had stairs, so soon enough they figure out how to go down a little more safely. Good luck on your gate hunt.

The Dillons said...

Wow, those stairs are really steep! I am so glad he didn't hit the hard floor. The gate is a very good investment! You can use it for the door outside, the stairs, his room, your room, haha, it is just great! I have only used it to block a room and block the stairs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...