Friday, September 18, 2009

Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togevah, today.



Mawwiage, dat bwessed awwangement... dat dweam wifin a dweam...

My beautiful, kind, gentle cousin, Shayla, got married a few weeks ago, to a really nice man named Dan. Dan the Man. These two are so good together, because they like to do all the same things - bowhunting, shooting, fishing, etc. They are both very avid outdoorspeople.

The wedding and reception were held at this little barn, with beautiful surrounding grounds, near Heise. It was a gorgeous, gorgeous location. The weather was perfect and the band was amazing. I had a fabulous time!

My cousin, Jeffrey, loves babies. He played with Micah all evening:


Mom, Aunt Terri (Shayla's mom), and Uncle Kurt:



They all look so much alike. You can tell they're siblings.

Dad was playing with Sadie while we ate:



Shayla had these decorations on the tables that were perfect for little kids. There were pretty, shiny rocks scattered all over the table, plus little candles in little cups. These decorations really helped us to keep Micah's screaming banshee-ness under control:


Micah would take rocks out of the candle holder and put them in, over and over. And put rocks in his mouth, of course. We tried shoes on Micah that evening, for the first time, and he was not a fan.

The band was incredible. They played a few country songs, which I didn't know, but they mainly played a lot of classic rock, which is my fave. People were boogeying and singing along all evening. It was great. I caught my grandpa singing along to the song, "Virginia Waltz":







Mom says that Gramps used to dance with Grams to that song. That video makes me tear up a little. He misses her. And we miss her.

Slides:


Congrats, Shayla! We love you!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, Shayla's dress is SOOO pretty! I should have gone, but I have just such a hard time taking my kids places all together. Like today at the store, it was kill kill KILL! *sigh* I need to get over that, though, so I don't miss out on awesome things like cousin's weddings.

Patty said...

I like those bridemaids dresses. Short and chic. And an outdoor wedding... ahhhh. If only.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...