Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm a maid!


Um, wow. There are some kind of naughty pictures when you google images for the word "maid." Just be aware of that.

Anyways, my mom and I have the sweetest, sweetest deal going on right now. And I hope it lasts. Her knees are really bad, so she can't do heavy housework - you know, the stuff where you're scrubbing and crouching and reaching and things like that. So she asked me to work for her five hours per week. And she pays me!

I've been doing some spring cleaning in her house and lots of harvesting of vegetables. It is definitely hard work, but it's awesome to have the extra fundage.

Can I tell you how wonderful it is when, for instance, we need, say, eggs, and I can actually go to the store and buy eggs?? Or if I want to get a shaved ice, I can actually spend the one dollar and get myself a danged shaved ice. It's amazing. I'm so grateful. Ben has us on a teeny weeny grocery budget, and I have to tell you that, for a family of five, one of which is in diapers, what is budgeted just does not cut it. So it's nice to have my own private fund to use when we run out of milk or bread.

I am currently saving my earnings to buy those gorgeous pics Megs took of my kids a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to withstand the temptation to buy a burrito for lunch every day, but I must.

Thanks for the job, Mom. A ton. I appreciate it so much.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't parents awesome!!!! :)

Patty said...

If you ever want to call sick day I'll sub for you!

Anonymous said...

That's great that your mom is able to pay you!! Extra spending money is nice to have!!

Gifford Family said...

Hmmmm, I am a maid and I don't get paid! How is that fair? (Mental note to self: Don't google Maid!) Ha!

Mindy H. said...

Isn't having money nice? I really must find a way to procure more of it someday.

That is so cool that you can help your mom and she can help you back. Symbiotic relationships rock!

Carrie said...

When I read your post title my first thought was, "aren't we all??" Sounds like a good hook up.

J + A Humphreys said...

Oh man, I would love a little extra spending money. It would help to satisfy my Target clearance rack obsession. :) I think every mom needs a little job like that...wish I could find one for myself.

Lynita said...

Nice, I totally get the teeny weeny budget. For a year we lived off of $50 a week for groceries and diapers... pretty much sucked. Now it is $75 which is not much better when you consider the cost of food in NY! There is nothing I can really do for work because of my husband's job, so we just do what we can. :( Thank goodness you are near family, that would be nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...