Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bat


Sadie: Mom, I want Aunt Yexy [Lexi] to come ovah for dinnah.

Me: Well, Aunt Lexi is in Boise.

Sadie: [Ignoring my comment] I want Aunt Yexy and Bat to come ovah for dinnah.

Me: Bat? Who's Bat?

Sadie: See's my guhl.

Me: Your girl?

Sadie: Yeah. See's my guhl, and Aunt Yexy is my guhl. Dey my guhls.

Me: Ohhhh.... Is Bat your imaginary friend?

Sadie: [Eyes lighting up like this is the best idea ever] Yeah!!!!

Me: Why is she named "Bat"?

Sadie: Because see yikes to hit stuff wiff basebaw bats.

Me: [Uncomfortably] Uh...

I love how she called Lexy and "Bat" her "girls." It reminds me of a hip-hop song. And I don't know how I feel about Sadie's imaginary friend liking to hit stuff with baseball bats... I'd prefer a friend who likes to give hugs, or likes to jumprope, or something.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe "Bat" is Beth? Does sh even know I Beth? lol ya the whole hitting things with Baseball bats is a LITTLE worrysome....

Mom finds broke lamp: WHO DID THIS?!?!

Sadie: Bat did it.

Megann said...

That little Sadie has attitude with ya sometimes, but she's a keeper. Such a cute girl!

lexykay said...

ooh i have been so homesick the last few days. I'm going to try to come home in a couple weeks. and tell sadie i'll come over for dinnah :)

Patty said...

Maybe Bat was Pat! As in ME! I'm her guwrl.

Nat said...

Could Bat have been Nat? Or Pat(ty)? Hmm. I love how Lex and mystery person are her "guhls".

Emily Empey said...

she is sooo cute! I love that Sadie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...