Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Best Idea Ever!

A lady in my mom's ward told my mom that she and her husband got a room in a local hotel one night, just so that she could invite all of her kids and grandkids over to swim in the nice hotel pool. What a good idea! Mom decided we should do just that. She took me shopping for the warmest hotel pool. Literally. We went to two different hotels, and she made me kneel down and feel the water to see which pool was warmer. We chose the warmer of the two, and Mom booked a room.

We had a blast. I quite honestly think my dad had the most fun of all. He was just having a ball squirting all of us with his squirt gun:

This little swimming extravaganza was good for him (he's a CPA, and tax season is HARD on CPA's). At one point, Nat and I were in the hot tub - actually, Nat was in the hot tub. My legs were in the hot tub, because I'm not allowed all the way in (sniff). We were getting squirted, so we looked around to see which of our naughty kids was squirting us, and it was Dad.

Sadie, in a squirting battle with Dad:


Just when we thought the evening couldn't get more fun, Mom ordered pizza, and we bought a pay-per-view movie in the hotel room and ate it. Whoa. That was a misplaced modifier. It sounds like we ate the movie. Let me try that again. Mom ordered pizza, we bought a pay-per-view movie, and we ate the pizza while in the hotel room. Much better. That pizza was amazing. Pizza Hut. The only way to go. The new Domino's pizza is degoute. That means "disgusting" in French. :) It's like a piece of paper with a bunch of ketchup on it. Blech.

Here we are, sitting on towels on the bed (the duvet cover was white, and we didn't want to ruin it), and watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs:

Which was hilarious, by the way. And do you like my swimming bangs? They are winners. I often look like a winner nowadays.

Micah was being his usual twitty self, so Mom took him on a walk through the hotel halls, and she came upon some kind of fashion extravaganza show. All of these different ladies were selling knit hats, cute scarves, shoes, clothes, you name it, in all of these booths. So Mom came and got me, Nat, and Sades, and she took us to the booths and said to pick a pair of shoes, on her!!! (Could my mom be any cooler??)

Nat couldn't find any she liked in her size, but I found these little beauties:

Aren't they cute, despite the pasty white feet they are on?? I don't have one dang thing that matches these shoes. That's my next project. Finding a cute little maternity dress to go with 'em. This is my new clothing philosophy - buy cute earrings, necklaces, and shoes, and then find clothes that match them. I'm tired of buying clothes and then never being able to find shoes or earrings to go with them. So this is my new method. I think it's easier to find clothes to come to the shoes than shoes to come to the clothes.

They were also selling all of these cute little headbands, and my mom bought one for Sadie:


Sadie LOVES that headband. It's really so cute.

Thanks, Ma and Pa, for the amazing evening and shoes.

Slides, anyone??


6 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome is that!!! :) looks like you guys had a blast... and I LOVE THE SHOES... get a pink or yellowish orange skirt to go with it.... please! :)

lexykay said...

those are THE cutest shoes i have ever seen. i am so stinkin jealous kar!!

Lyndsay said...

How fun!!! I need to email this post to my mom! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those shoes!!!!

Nat said...

I suck for not posting about this. It was way fun! And that pool really was very warm.

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!! It sounds like a lot of fun!!:)

Lynita said...

What a great idea! I love the new shoes, so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...