Friday, March 5, 2010

Why didn't anyone tell me my hair looked like that?

My sis, Beads, was here for a few days last month, and I'm waiting for her to send me pics, the little devil. I didn't bring my camera to anything, because she always had hers and promised to send them to me. I shoulda known better. Beads is so busy that she barely has time to use the bathroom. Forget sending pictures. Oh well. You live and learn. From now on, camera at all times.

One of the things Beads really wanted to do was go skiing. Dad said he'd pay for us to go, and I hesitated for about one millisecond, and then said, "H YES I AM GOING!!!" Yeah, it was a foolhardy decision, since I'm pregnant, but I just couldn't resist. I never get to go skiing because it's too dang expensive. I had to take advantage.

However, the night before our skiing extravaganza, I was soooooooooo sick. I barfed several times that day. I just felt horrible. The morning of the event, I was still really nauseated. And I thought, What am I thinking? There is no way I can ski when I'm feeling this way. So I called Beads and said, "Dude, I am way too sick to go. Tell Dad I'm so sorry. And have a good time." It broke my heart, but it was ridiculous to go in the condition I was in. She was very understanding and said she'd relay the message to Dad.

I knew I would be hearing from Dad. He is a major talker-intoer. A peer pressure king. He called me once to try to talk me into it. Then he made Beads call to try to talk me into it. In the background, I heard him yelling, "Look at how BEAUTIFUL it is outside!!!" And then he made Beads text me one more time. I still said no, there was no way I was going to do well.

I was lying in bed with Ben at the time, and he rolled over to look at me. He said (and this makes him probably the best husband in the world), "You need to go. You need to get away from our kids. Go up there and just enjoy the fresh air. If you are too sick to ski, sit on the deck next to that grill and just breathe the air. You deserve this." That is what talked me into it. I really did need to get away from the kids.

So I called Beads and told her to tell Dad I was coming and to inform Dad that he is the devil.
Then I threw on some thermals and got ready to go.

And you know what? I did okay. I felt pretty gross the whole day, but I didn't barf on the hill once. Beads, Dad, and Nat were kind enough to go slow for me - to pause probably more than they wanted to. And I appreciated it. It felt so amazing to be up there. I love skiing sooooo much. And it felt so great not to have to take care of any kids. :)

I would forget about the nausea while we were skiing, but then on the ski lift, it would hit me. But I kept everything down and did alright. Thank goodness. I'm so glad I went.

Beads was making me laugh so hard all day. She brought her iPod to listen to while we skiied, and whenever we would pause on the mountain to take a breather, she would start shaking her booty to the music, or sing along, or try to make a drum roll with her tongue. I was laughing so hard. She is hilarious.

Beads brought Mom's camera (it's nice and small) and we took some pics at the bottom of the hill:






Who's the girl with the Tina Turner hair? you ask. C'est moi. I had no idea how ridiculous I looked. I really should have put it in braided piggy-tails or something. Holy Shnikeys. This just adds to the hatred I have for my current haircut. Grow, hair, grow!!!

Oh, and Lex, we missed you. Frown.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, I told ya that your hair was sticking out. Not because it looked bad, because it didn't. And I'm so proud of you for skiing. You did awesome. And that was the PERFECT speed for me. Seriously.

Mindy H. said...

You looked cute! I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy your dad and your sisters. You should enjoy every opportunity you have to get out and have fun before you check in to babyville for the next year or so.

Lynita said...

I am impressed that you went! I went boarding for Ryan's B-day and I was so sick and in pain, but I still had fun. I just took 4 advil and pretended that I wasn't in pain at all! Crazy girls we are, but so worth it! I love the crazy hair by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...