Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Supercrap

Superstar is a thing in Headstart where you go into the classroom, talk about how great your kid is, what the kid likes to do, etc., and present a poster of pictures for display in the classroom.

I'd like to take you back to a magical time. A time when I had the energy and time to make my kids' Superstar posters truly fantastic. Take a look at this little beauty. And this work of art.

And now I show you this piece of craptasticness:

I literally slapped it together in two minutes in the back of my car. The rubber cement wasn't working, so I used these stupid heart stickers to make the photos stick to the poster. Unbefreakinlievable.

This is what happens when you are barfing all day and can't keep up with your life. I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of poopy diapers, laundry, dirty dishes, and vomit. See my greasy face in that picture? I don't even think I had washed my face that day. Argh! This is not the mom I thought I was going to be! I was going to be the cute mom! The one that showered every day and did her hair and makeup! Now I wear sweats every day and am lucky if I get a shower in at all!!!

Sorry. I guess I'm just frustrated. I'm tired of feeling sick. I've had the mother of all colds this week on top of nausea, which has been pretty harsh. I couldn't stop barfing last night, but I kept down some apple juice this morning, so that's good. My house is soooooo gross. It looks like those houses on that show on TV, Hoarders. I was watching that the other night (because all I do is lie on the couch and feel gross and watch TV), and I got a little teary-eyed. I thought to myself, That is me. That is my house. My kids are going to get taken away by CPS because my house isn't sanitary!!!

My mom came over yesterday and dusted my living room, which really made me feel a lot better. Now I have to tackle my kitchen. As soon as I change Micah's poopy diaper. :(

7 comments:

Patty said...

Not supercrap. You're being so hard on yourself. I brought that medication to church on Sunday- but kept missing Ben. Should I drop it off tonight? I'll be home around 8:30.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Patty. The heart stickers give it a cute little touch:) Those other posters were really nice, but now you have 3 and a half kids so life is different! I probably wouldn't even have done the first 2 so nice! You are a good mom, Kar! Don't beat yourself up so much!!

Nat said...

I've been sick this week as well. A couple of my Beehives came into my house last night (I needed to give them a ride home and I hadn't driven over to the church), and I was like, uh, don't look at my messy kitchen. They kind of stared at it with wide eyes. And have I cleaned it up since? Nope.

So, the point of that story is, you're not a Hoarders person. You're a normal mom. And at least you have the excuse of pregnancy; all I've got is I have a cold. And zero energy. Maybe I'll have my kitchen/house cleaned for Friday for Brock's bday. Maybe. But right now, I'm going to take a nap, because dang.

The Dillons said...

Okay I couldn't do that if I had an hour. You are supermom okay! Stop being hard on yourself please. I wish I was in town to take your kids and let you have time to your sick little self. :(

Camille said...

Oh sweet Kar - give yourself some credit. Right now you are in what I like to call "survivor" mode. All you can really do is SURVIVE! and the problem with being a mom, is that you have 4 other people that you are trying to help SURVIVE as well.
With my last baby - I literally didn't clean the house for 9 months - not joking! Then we moved when he was 2 months old. I had some ladies come in and clean the house after we left - for the new people moving in - and when they were done, I was like: Oh ya - this is what my house USED to look like - I forgot!
Having the pregnant barfies is the WORST! There is nothing quite like it. So I feel your pain sister - and I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

Lynita said...

Craptastic?! Nah that looks fairly normal to me, granted I know you normally put other mom's to shame, but it still looks cute. You see Kar, you have to remind yourself that even more than many women, you sacrifice so much just to bring these kids into the world! You are so sick, most women woudln't go through that so many times, but you do and you do it better than you think! Once your little angels arrive you are supa-dupa-mamacita again, and your kids love you and are probably so proud to have you as their mother! Sorry you are so sick when you are prego, but a great mother you are through it all!! Muah!

Lyndsay said...

Ahh, Kar, I so wish I could help you, I totally and completely understand. Listen to me - it gets better, I promise! I wake up in the morning now and I don't have to immediately rush to the bathroom. There is hope, hang on there, Sweetie!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...