Monday, March 29, 2010

We miss the Mexicans.



So. When we lived in San Diego, most of the people who worked in McDonalds were Hispanic. They were fast and always got our order right. We loved it.

When we moved here, we noticed a drastic change in the McDonalds workers. Most of them are white high school kids. They are slow, and they mess up our order 99% of the time. We usually have to check our food, then knock on their window and tell them that they messed up, asking them to give us the right food.

A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I went to get some burgers at Mickey D's. I asked for one girl toy and two boy toys with our happy meals. As we were driving away, Dylan immediately searched his Happy Meal for his toy. It's obviously the most important part to him. In his bag, he found a girl toy. He figured that he got Sadie's bag by mistake, so he switched her. Another girl toy. He checked Mikey's bag. Another girl toy. Three girl toys. He started crying (he's very emotional lately), so since we were still kind of leaving the parking lot, I just swung back through the drive-in and switched two of the girl toys for boy toys. Dylan calmed down, but he was still sniffling.

"Mom, I miss the Mexicans in San Diego."

"Huh?"

"They never messed up our toys. And they always got us the right food. I wish there were Mexicans working at McDonalds up here."

It was really funny.

5 comments:

Mindy H. said...

I avoided working food service becuase I knew that I would screw up orders (toy and otherwise) all the time, plus it seemed like a lot of work. so I agree with Dylan that the work ethic of white teens vs. Mexican Americans. He is a wise, wise child.

Unknown said...

roflmao... something to be said for efficiency... that's for sure!

Emily Empey said...

hahaha thats hilarious!!!

The Dillons said...

Oh funny! I agree with Dylan. Let's get rid of those white high school students and get some Mexicans up here! lol!

Lyndsay said...

Well, I believe statistically there are more "Mexicans" than "whites" over on this side of the state and let me tell ya, my orders at McDonald's and Wendy's are ALWAYS wrong. For that matter whenever we do take-away at Outback my order is always wrong there, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...