Monday, March 1, 2010

Easy, but gross.


My ma gave me a sugar cookie mix; I thought I would use that to make our annual Valentine's cookies, instead of mixing my own, having to put it in the fridge for an hour, blah blah blah. It's funny; the mix only made, like, fourteen cookies. Which ended up being perfect for our decorating extravaganza. Usually, the kids decorate like two cookies and then lose interest, leaving me to decorate like fifty others. So this way, I only had to decorate 12 by myself. Not bad.

However.... I am a big Baked Goods Snob. A BGS, if you will. These cookies didn't taste quite the way I like 'em. I don't think the kids were huge fans, either. Usually, we all gobble up sugar cookies, but these stayed in our cookie bowl for a couple of weeks, until I finally just threw the rest out.

My friend, Patty, asked me soon after Valentine's Day, "Did you leave some valentine's cookies on our doorstep?" I told her that our cookies tasted a little too funky to give to people; that it wasn't us. :) I only like to give away food that I know will taste alright. I don't know; cake mixes taste okay to me, but not cookie mixes. Go figure.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Have you used the Betty Crocker cookie mixes, the ones that come in the bags not boxes? Oh, they are super duper yummy. ESPECIALLY the double chocolate chunk. Oh man, I need some of those now!!

Nat said...

Yeah, definitely a different taste, but it really is easy.

lexykay said...

i totally agree; premade cake and cupcake batter is fine, but premade cookie dough is GROSS! we've had this discussion before - if i'm going to indulge on dessert fatty calories; i'm going to make sure i LOVE every bite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...