Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ballet for the Been-Arounds

So. As you know, my little Sades takes dance lessons from my adorable cousin, Kortney:

Kortney's grandparents (the ones I don't share with her) live in a retirement community, and she arranged to have her students perform there. Sadie's first performance ever!!

They did three dances. The first one is called Mermaid Ballet. I swear the recording is of Doris Day singing. I'm quite familiar with the Doris-meister's voice. Here is a pic of Sadie in her Mermaid Ballet costume:

Then they performed "Splish Splash." Sadie peeked at me before the number began:


A video of "Splish Splash":

The third number is called Broadway Baby. Sooo cute with the bowties and the hats:


I snapped a pic of my aunt and uncle (Kortney's folks), Marilyn and Boyd:


I just love them.


Sadie... well, I don't know that she is necessarily a natural dancer. It's hard to know this early on. I do know that she was the only pidgeon-toed dancer there! :) She didn't really have the dances memorized - she just kind of watched Kortney and went through very vague motions. But she says she really likes it, so we'll stick with it. If she hated it, I obviously wouldn't force her into it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo CUTE! She dances like Missy did in her preschool performance. :) Missy would probably love something like that.

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Brynnan loved the video! We had to watch it twice and would probably watch it more than that if I didn't say no. LOL He kept saying "That's us?" He's used to watching home videos of him and Jonas. Then he kept saying, "I got to go there!!" Such funny kids! Sadie did a great job! I love the picture of the braodway baby song! I wish you had a video of that:) TOO CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think Brynnan would love to be in Ballet. Is that bad??!! LOL

Patty said...

Sadie is TALL!! I never realized. She's taller than all the girls in her class. I think she's got the moves in her. Give it time to cultivate. She sure smiles a lot about it!

Lynita said...

Adorable! I bet everyone enjoyed those cuties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...