Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One of my Favorite Things about Dylan:


How uncomfortable he gets when he has to sing in front of people.


So stony-faced. It makes me laugh really hard.

The first grade at his school had a patriotic singing program to finish off the year. They did a really great job. A lady in my ward, Dawn, substitute teaches. She said that, one day, she was subbing in the first grade, and they were practicing the song, "God Bless the USA." I guess some little first-grade boy just started bawling. Dawn was like, "What's wrong, honey?"

"I don't know. That song just makes me cry so hard. I don't know why."

I think that is so cute. That song is really, really cheesy, but it makes me cry, too. And when we go to the Fourth of July parade and the veterans walk by with the flag in the air, and everyone is quiet and standing with their hands on their hearts - I get a little choked up then, too. I'm such a sensitive girl.

Oh, and notice Dylan's super-stylin' rings. I think his bus driver gave them to him. One is red and one is blue. They're plastic hearts with pretend diamonds around them. It was his idea to wear them that day. :) He was supposed to wear red, white, and blue, and guess who forgot about that? His mom. So he was wearing white and green. Oh well.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Dylan has so much personality and character. But patriotism? Maybe not yet. Or maybe just not while singing.
Love that face. He gives it to me sometimes when I say "hi" to him.

Mindy H. said...

Dylan sounds like a pretty cool cat. I feel his pain with the whole "singing in front of others" thing. I like to sing, but having an audience kind of freaks me out. I'm also diggin' his fashion sense. The patriotic bling-bling is a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures:) He looks like he's being tortured. Hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...