Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hangin' with the Dudes

Just some pictures of what we did when we weren't oot and aboot with Gloria, Greg, and Jody.

Gloria has gorgeous nails. I learned for the first time when they were visiting that she was actually training to be a manicurist while she was pregnant with her first child. She has always taken really good care of her nails, and they are beautiful. I know Ben really wishes I had the same passion for nails. I tried when we were first married to keep my nails long, but it drove me BATTY. I think it's my OCD nature. I always felt like there were dirty particles under the nails, no matter how many times I scrubbed under there. I just couldn't do it. And I always habitually chip off the nail polish. So now I am a happy stubby, uncolorful nail wearer.

Sadie was fascinated by Gloria's nail file. At one point, she helped Gloria file her nails for her:

Sade's hair was ca-razy that morning, as it is every morning.

This is where Gloria spent most of her time - doing my dishes:


Oh, it was so heavenly to have a clean kitchen for once in my life. We did a lot of eating in, so I was so grateful for the extra dishwashing help.

Greg spent most of his time on his laptop:


The man is addicted to Facebook. :)


I didn't catch a picture of what Jody spent most of his time doing - entertaining my kids. They all took a shine to him and just wouldn't leave the poor man alone. During rare moments when the kids were in bed, Jody read or watched movies. He has a great sense of humor and likes a lot of the same movies that Benny and I do. He and Greg have the same laugh. Kind of a: "Heh. Heh-heh-heh. Heh." It's really cute.


They were great houseguests. They didn't complain about our lack of space, about how rowdy my kids are sometimes, that there was only one bathroom for all eight of us, or the fact that they had to listen to me barf three or four times every morning. It was so great to see them. Gloria says she will hopefully make it down after Gage comes, which I look forward to. I am so lucky to have wonderful in-laws.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about having dishwashing help!! I love it when Marks mom comes to stay because she helps out with the dishes too.

Mindy H. said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. I love having relatives visit, but I also enjoy being the visiting relative. I guess I should probably follow the example of your wonderful mom-in-law and help with the dishes when I am the visitor....hummmmm.....although being a lazy visitor sure is nice....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...