Monday, June 28, 2010

Days of Yore

Gloria wanted to visit this little town, Menan, where she lived as a small child. We weren't sure how to get there, any of us, but we heard that you can take this one road just straight north for a long way. Mama Mia, it took forever! We should have researched it online before we left - we might have found a quicker route - but oh well. I didn't mind so much, because we listened to my new Black-Eyed Peas CD the whole way. I am soooo in love with the Black-Eyed Peas. (Parenthetically, will.i.am should just stick with rapping. He is a horrible actor, as I just recently discovered when I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine this week. I need to get that movie back to you, Apes.)

So anyways. Gloria's childhood home had been torn down, but the elementary school she went to was still there:


Look at how old that building is!! I don't know if they still use it as a school house. But it was fun to see a bit of her childhood. She was grinning from ear to ear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always so fun to see houses and buildings from your past!! That's fun that you all went together:)

Lyndsay said...

I would love to go drive by Longfellow, if I ever make it back to Idaho Falls and have time. It'd be such a kick to see my old elementary!! You are a great friend to drive to Menan! All I remember is Menan Buttes, I didn't realize there was a town!

Lynita said...

We love the blackeyed peas too, even Owen gets in on the boom boom pow song!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...