Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nesting

We're finishing a bedroom downstairs for little Gage. We really wanted to get it all done before Ben's mom and stepdad came down for Memorial Day weekend, so that they could have a room all to themselves, but it didn't pan out. Ben's friend from work was going to lay carpet, but he was too busy the week before Memorial Day weekend to finish that part up. We did get it painted, though:


It looks like Ben did all the work, but I actually did all the trim the following day while Ben was at work. I can't believe my kids let me do it without bugging me so much. Or that I didn't barf all over the walls.

I know what you're thinking: "Beige? Karlenn??" I like color on my walls. Big time color. But it will best match this crib set that Ben and I have our eye on at Wal-Mart. You'll see. We have to save up for the crib set, though. Those are so dang EXPENSIVE nowadays.

I keep asking Ben when his friend is coming back over to finish what he started. So far, I'm getting nothing from either of them. Which irritates my nesting sensibilities. But oh well. Men don't nest, so they don't get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color. I think it'll look perfect with the bedding set. And they are SO expensive these days!! :P I can't wait to see the finished room!:)

Lynita said...

That is awesome that you have enough space to give him his own room!

Lyndsay said...

Hey, it looks like it's coming along. I hear you about men being slow, though. Some days...

Good luck!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...