Sunday, June 27, 2010

Da Zoo

While Gloria and Gregg were here, we went to the zoo. It was a PERFECT day, because it was so nice and cool. If we had gone on a day like today, I think I might have fainted. It's so HOT right now!!!

Uncle Jody and my two youngest:


The kids liked him so much.

Sadielicious:


Dylan is so proud of his t-ball shirt, though he couldn't care less about doing t-ball ever again:


Us in front of the flamingos, standing one-legged (I love this photo):


And poor Mikey:

You can't see really well, but he has a fat lip in this pic. He and I were sitting on a bench, and he fell off, right on his face. He doesn't put his arms out to brace himself when he falls. It's really weird.

And I have really, really slow reflexes, ever since I went on anti-depressants. Brianna will tell you. She was leading Dylan on her horse once when we were visiting her in Arizona. The horse heard a plastic bag crinkling like a mile away and freaked out and started bucking. He bucked Dylan right off. It took me like five minutes to realize that something was wrong and that I needed to run into the arena and grab him. Or, once, I was behind a lady at a store, and her cart started tipping over with her child inside, and I was just standing there, watching. I snapped into action when it was too late. It's bizarre. But which would I rather have, slow reflexes, or soul-crushing depression? Slow reflexes.

When you leave the zoo, you have to exit through the overpriced gift shop. Dylan brought his whole $2.75 that day, convinced that he would have a chance to spend it in the gift shop. He and I combed that dang shop for like half an hour, and there were only two things that cost $2.75 or less. And he didn't like those two things. He kept trying to convince me that Grandma Go-Go (that's what the kids call Gloria) would buy him something. When that didn't work, he kept asking me to buy him something. I told him over and over again that I didn't have a red cent to give. He finally got some dumb toy frog that grows to three times its size if you leave it in a bowl of water for three days. But at least I held my ground. He used his own money, and it was like $2.50.

That Dylan kicks my butt.

So anyways. There you have it. Da zoo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! The zoo is starting to get old on me. It's not too big which is great, but it's put together so weird. I wish the layout was better. Your kids are so cute:)

Lyndsay said...

Ryan loves those grow in water toys. He buys them at the dollar store whenever I let him. Glad you had a good time at the zoo, we went there a few years ago and it was a nice zoo!

Lynita said...

yeah slow reflexes is the better option! Dylan and Kaitlyn should hang out cuz they are soooooo alike! :( I also love that flamingo picture!

Camille said...

I soo love the Idaho Falls Zoo. It's not too big - just the perfect size in my opinion. We're coming up there next week - we'll for sure have to stop by the zoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...