Friday, December 17, 2010

Chatterbox


Gage loves to have conversations with us. He just looks right into my eyes and goo's and gaah's. It is soooo cute. He has so many stories to tell.

It turns out that I did jinx it - the double dose of prevacid is NOT working for him anymore. It seemed to help for a couple of days, but now he's back to his usual barfy self. And his white blood cell count is still high. I'm so scared for him... I've been doing these online searches, just looking for causes of this in babies, and the L word keeps coming up - not Lesbian. Not Love.

Leukemia.

I am currently freaking out. Gage has an appointment Thursday, but I might just call on Monday and see if we can get in earlier. I want the doc to try an antibiotic and see if we can nip whatever this thing is in the bud. I'm trying not to think worst-case-scenario. I'm praying a lot and thinking a lot.

Pray for us?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You got it. You are definitly in my prayers... your whole family is. I hope they figure it out fast.

Unknown said...

sweetheart... does he bruise easily? If not, that could give you some comfort. Just a thought.

Sometimes the best way to freak yourself out is by searching online, I know when I was coughing up blood I certainly thought I might be dying due to online searches.

Hope for the best... and by all means, now that you have a plan of action (asking for antibiotics and talking to the doc about the results of online searches) try your best to take deep breathes and keep yourself distracted.

If you need someone to go out and have a cup of cocoa with I'm here anytime.

The Boyles said...

Kar-

You will be in my prayers - and if you are really worried ask Gage's pediatrician about your concerns and maybe he can provide some clarity on what he feels could be causing the high white blood count.

Emily Empey said...

PRAYING!!!!! Oh I love my Gagey poo! He is ok! If you need anything let me know! We never did that double date!! How about we ditch the boys and just us go out to eat! haha us girls without kids! ahh sounds good! Ok I am praying for me!! CALL or TEXT me as soon as you go to the DR! Love ya!

Lyndsay said...

Praying for you and sweet little Gage and the rest of your family. Hang in there, Kar. I know the wondering is probably making you lose your mind. I wish I could help more!!

Anonymous said...

You will definitly be in our prayers! I'm so sorry you're going through this! April is right though, If he doesn't bruise easily I'd be happy about that. Good luck at your appointment this week! I hope you can get in earlier! Call and talk to Darcy specifically. She's Dr. Hatch's nurse. She can probably get you in on Monday if you are really concerned about it. Her and I are like best friends. Isn't that sad? LOL Love ya Kar!! Keep staying strong! You're doing everything you can!

Mindy H. said...

Sending prayers heavenward as I type. I hope the doctor can sooth your mind and Gage's tummy. Let us know what you find out!

Jenny said...

Thinking about you and your sweet baby. Hope things look up soon.

Nat said...

I'm sure he's fine, but I would push HARD for those antibiotics, or...fire your doctor and get someone that will help you and your son! Stinking doctors...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...