Thursday, December 23, 2010

Look What I Did!!

I'm not sure if I've told you about these - I made them for my neice and nephews for Christmas this year (this one is Brock's):

They're called "Look What I Did" Boards. You mount them on the wall, and the kids can use the clothes pins to display their art work.

I made two like this, for Jake and Troy, who share a room and will soon have matching bedspreads:


This is Ivy's - her room is the Disney Princess theme:


I didn't come up with the idea - I made them at my ward's Super Saturday. I was the Super Saturday Girl in October. :)

This will really help Nat, because her kids LOVE to color and do various art projects. They're always wanting to display their artwork. In fact, once, they actually glued their artwork to her kitchen wall. Good times.

The boards were really, really easy to make. Mod Podge is my favorite stuff in the world. My dear friend Em introduced me to it. We were roomies after we graduated from college, and we were living in an apartment that didn't come with furniture. For our kitchen, she found some metal folding chairs somewhere, and we spray-painted them off-white, and then Mod Podged little purple dragonflies to them. They sound really ugly, but I thought they were cute.

I really should make one of these boards for Micah - he is turning out to be quite the artist. The walls all over my house show that.

Kids ruin walls. This is a fact.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

True story: My son, Ryan, glued several of his favorite picture to his bedroom wall. He wanted to make sure they didn't fall off so he coated the entire back side with glue. Ugh, I didn't clean it off for a year, it was too daunting a task, but I'm glad to report that this past summer we did finally clean it up!!

Mindy H. said...

What a cool idea! I might have to copy this....Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these boards!! So cute! You are so creative and artistic. I love it:)

Emily Empey said...

CUTE I love how they turned out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...