Saturday, December 25, 2010

Stippling Sisters

Nat and I are big fans of colorful walls. No blah white walls for us; no siree. Our husbands are NOT big fans of painting, so we have had to be each others' painting partners on numerous occasions. Wow. "Occasions" is hard to spell. And I don't usually struggle with spelling. I hope it's right. I honestly don't know how to use spell check. I've never had to.


Anyways.

Nat has been desperately wanting to paint her basement, so we finally did the dang thing. It looks sooooo good.
Pre-paint:


Off-white. Booooor-ing...

Nat, Her Royal Cuteness:


Just love this girl.

It took Nat like fifteen minutes to get the dang lid off the bucket:

Ugh, I hate buckets like that!!! A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to open my food storage flour bucket, and I had the red bucket opener and everything that I was using, and the dang thing wouldn't OPEN!! I was so frustrated that I started screaming and pounding the top of the lid with the red thingey. I was like a chimpanzee throwing a fit. Then I threw the red thingey across the kitchen. Dylan was concerned about me. I finally got the stupid lid off, but my fingers were totally sore the next day. I kid you not.

While I was waiting for Nat to undo the lid, I saw some funny signs up on Jake and Troy's door:


I think it says at the top, "Spy Club Rules." I think the boys made a spy club together - is that right, Nat? The rules: 1) Don't be silly during exercises. 2) Don't be bad, or ____ gets ripped. (I can't make it out.) 3) We can use our spy thinking for math, science, addition, and homework.

And then they have some pretend key pad entry thingeys to get into their bedroom:


I love Nat's kids. Such cuties.

Let's get it started, yee-haw! Let's get it started IN HERE:


A beautiful baby blue color. I love this color, especially since the couches in that room are a dark brown leather. I adore light blue and dark brown together. One of my favorite combinations. To demonstrate, can I show you some pics of my friend, Camille's, basement? (I hope you don't mind this, Camel.):




Could you just die??? I love those colors!!! She is so creative and amazing. Someday, you are decorating my house, Camel. Yesiree.

Pete took the kiddos to dinner and a movie to keep them out of our hair, but when they returned, Pete was our D.J.:


We should call him D.J. Jazzy Pete.

The finished product (with tape still up, and furniture still in the middle of the room):


Beauty.

Pulling off the tape:


I'm so proud of us. Nat and I have decided that we need to also help each other hang lights on our houses each Christmas, because our husbands aren't fans of doing that, either. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!! I love blue and brown too. And pink and brown. And purple and brown. lol

Lyndsay said...

Good job! Brad is good at helping paint, but yeah, I'm on my own for the Christmas lights, which is why I only do things I can easily reach with the ladder!!

Jenny said...

mindy helps me paint - john isn't a fan either.

the room looks great.

Camille said...

Kar -
Your far too kind....and now I totally feel famous! I'm LOVING that color - looks like a a great basement color. I'm totally all over decorating your house!
Your a lucky duck to have such a great sis to help you with stuff like that - and she's lucky to have you!

Emily Empey said...

Looks great! Want to come help me paint my front room! I was supposed to do it in Oct! before Halloween! EEK! haha I am now going to be embarrassed at the book club cause my house needs painting sooo bad! and i have not a clue what I am doing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...