Friday, December 3, 2010

I can see why they call it "Babe's."

So. There's this bakery in town called Babe's Bakery. They serve lunch, in addition to doing their bakery business (my wedding cake was from Babe's). Their food is so wonderful. I'm partial to the Monte Cristo sandwich. My sisters really like the veggie sandwich.

Lex was once dating this guy, and he came up to I.F. for a few days to visit. Lex wanted to show him all of her favorite local places, so she took him to lunch at Babe's. He looked around at the mostly-geriatric clientele, and then at the middle-aged waitresses, and he said, "Well, I can see why they call it 'Babe's.'" So funny.

Mom wanted to go to Babe's on her birthday, so the sistahs who live in town joined her and Dad there. It was so fun, though my Monte Cristo was really sub-par. Maybe I should entertain the idea of eating a veggie sandwich. I don't know - a sandwich without meat seems really weird to me...

Pics from our little luncheon:

Me and ma:


Me and Pa:


Yes, I know that I looked like a flower. It was a busy day. No time for hair or makeup. As usual.

Nat and Ma:


I wish I could show you a picture of what we girls got Mom for her birthday, but then that would expose her last name, and I try to avoid last names on here. I got the idea from a display at Michael's. It's called Letter Photography. You can spell a person's name or a family's last name, or a concept word, like "family" or "dream" or something. You have got to take a look at these things - I think they are the best gifts ever. I totally want one for my house. It was a hit. Mom has it proudly displayed above her fireplace. You can go to the company called Alphabet Photography, but they mat and frame the photographs themselves and can be very pricey. Letter Photography had way better prices on the photos themselves, and then you can get a mat and frame just at a store in town for a much cheaper price. So there's my schpiel about that. They should pay me for giving them such good advertising. :)

I had a great time going to lunch and just being myself with my sister and folks. I sometimes get tired of being in Mom Phase, you know? Always taking care of others, cleaning up messes, worrying... it was nice to be carefree and to have a fun, adult conversation. Thanks for taking us, Ma and Pa.

4 comments:

Emily Empey said...

Fun - I love getting outta the house and mom-phase! My Mom Aubrey and I went to Papa Tom's JUST CAUSE! it was so nice not having to clean up after mary or chase her around- or tell her a million times i have NO MORE QUARTERS haha!

Koley Cannoli said...

Babe's makes a KILLER chicken salad croissant. AND brownies. We'e got to go there sometime.

Nat said...

I LOVE Babe's veggie sandwich. I tried to recreate it at home, and it didn't work very well. I should try again, though, because it's so stinking good!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I think I've been there once. I love getting out without the kids!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...