Friday, December 31, 2010

Mikey Lately

He's the first one up in the morning - 7 a.m. on the dot, every day. His screaming at Dylan wakes me up. Who needs an alarm clock when Micah is around??

He likes to steal Sadie's thunder. She often roams around the house, singing songs to herself. He will follow her, singing a made-up song of his own. This drives Sadie crazy and fills Micah with much glee. His current favorite song is "Jingle Bells." He wanders around, singing, "Dingo boss, dingo boss, dingo boss, dingo boss..." He doesn't ever sing the other parts - jingle all the way, oh what fun, etc. Just Dingo Boss, over and over again.

(Yes, he is bald in these pictures. Post about that soon to come.)

He is very tender and kind to his little brother. But not to any of his other siblings. He's a brute. Slapping, pushing, punching, throwing toys at them ... these are part of a normal day with him.

He refuses to potty train. I think I'm just going to have to go cold turkey with him. When I get up the mental strength...

He loves to help with the laundry. His favorite thing is to put wet clothes in the dryer, put in a dryer sheet, and SLAM that dryer door shut as loudly as he can.

His hair reminds me of a baby chick's hair. Yellowish-white and very fluffy.


Every woman is "mama." When we leave a restaurant or a store, he will pick out some random woman and yell, "Tank you, Mama!"

He loves to take baths. He asks for a bath like four times a day. He gets really mad when I limit his baths to one. He screams and yells at me about it.

He really hates his occupational therapist. He yelled at her today: "Top it! I hay you!!" However, he adores his developmental therapist. With him, you catch him with honey better than vinegar. That's for sure. His OT hasn't figured that out yet. Sigh.

He wishes I would paint his fingernails and toenails. I won't do it. So he hides in his room and colors his nails with crayons.

My food is always better than his food. Even if it's the exact same thing. He wants to sit on my lap and take bites of my food.

He loves to give hugs and kisses. When I leave to go to work every night, he says, "Tiss??" and leans in to be kissed right smack dab on the lips. Dylan likes to be kissed on the cheeks. Micah is a lip-kisser. Also when I leave, he says, "I yuh you!!!" [I love you.]

He hates naptime. A lot. We have to lock him in his room for naptime and bedtime, and he finds small toys to use as makeshift keys to jimmy the lock from inside and escape. He's our own little Houdini.

He loves it when I pretend to eat his toes. He also loves being tickled. He also loves it when I rock him in my arms and sing a really rough, violent rendition of "Rockabye Baby," complete with near-drops and fast swinging and shaking. It's a very wild wind rocking the baby in the treetops. The likes of winds we see in Idaho.

He loves flip-flops. He puts his, Sadie's, and Dylan's on several times per day.

He stopped wearing shirts as wigs for awhile, but now he has resumed the practice. I wonder if it's some kind of security thing. Like, he was feeling secure, so he stopped wearing his hair, but then he started feeling insecure again? It started happening again the week of Christmas break. Who knows.

I love this kid so much. He is quite a challenge, but also really adorable and so much fun.

7 comments:

The Dillons said...

I am going to catch up on comments and I will be the first for this post :) He is so dang adorable! I learned a lot about him through this post. He seems like quite the character. I love his version of Jingle Bells. I had a girl at the preschool I worked at in Sitka that would sing "oh mcfun it is to ride"...so cute :)

Emily Empey said...

haha I love Micah! He sounds like quite the character! I love (which is horrible) that he says i hay you! hahahahah Made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I love Micah! He's such a cutie and I can relate to having a child like him. He is to you what Brynnan is to us. LOL I'm glad he is so gentle with Gage!:)

Lyndsay said...

I love learning more about your kids and how I want to rub my hands through his hair!!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

If I had a bloggie award I would give you two! 1) Best Commenter (seriously, you are better than my family, or anyone for that matter) and 2) Most frequent updater! I feel like everytime I check your I am behind like 8 posts! And I check often.

Anyway, I am commenting on the lump sum and just saying acouple of things. 1) the pictures of you from Thanksgiving are so great. YOU look great! 2) I love that you let your kids take over the tree, even for one night. I have very fond memories of decorating the tree as a child! Oh and 3) Your new header picture kind of freaks me out. WHAT exactly is that?

OK I am done. PS. Don't you love how I number everything? Sorry about that.

Nat said...

Ivy also loves singing Jingle Bells, and pushing the wet clothes into the dryer and slamming the door as well. Mikey is so cute! Hey, maybe instead of cloth hair, you should get him some soft hats or something. It probably is a security thing, like a blankie or binkie. And, you could always buy clear nail polish to paint his nails, or get the cheap stuff that falls off in two seconds.

Mindy H. said...

He is such a cutie! I love posts like this becuase of the insight into the kidlets that they give now, and for the fun memory catalysts they are going to be years from now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...