Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Schwimmin'

Last year, my mom and dad got a hotel room for the sole purpose of having our family swim in a nice, warm swimming pool in the middle of winter. And then we ate pizza in the hotel room and watched a pay-per-view movie. It was so, so much fun. Mom decided she wanted to do it again this year for her birthday.

I felt like the water was too cold for Gagey, so I snuggled him:


See that scab on my neck? I had just gotten that mole removed! I'm still so excited about that. I never tire of it. I'm always showing people my mole-removal scars and going, "Look! I got some moles removed!" I'm sure it's not peoples' favorite thing. They're nice to indulge me in grossing them out. I still have a huge crater on my back where a mole once was. It sticks to all of my shirts. I love it. For some reason, I'm really proud of it.

Anyways. Gage was wearing jammies that day, because I ran out of clothes. I am so bad at keeping up with my laundry. But, in my defense, I have soooo much more laundry than the average family because of the sheer volume of spit-up that comes out of that kid's mouth. Last night, we went to a party. In a two-hour span, Gage went through three burp cloths, one blankie, and two outfits. All of them were sopping wet by the end of the night. Sigh. We've been to the doc several times in the past two weeks about it. I'll write more about that later.

Gage is very fun to snuggle. Mom took a turn:


You can't really see it very well, but she has the dang cutest swimsuit coverup on. I want one sooo badly.

Nat got some snuggling in, too:


I love that picture. She's making the quintessential Gage Face.

I used to do this all the time when I was a kid:


Gather up the bubbles in the hot tub and make a beard. That's Jake, by the way.

Dylan borrowed Ben's scuba diving mask. He was in hog heaven:


Speaking of heaven, we had a pretty fantastic view:


Have I ever mentioned how wonderfully hands-on my parents are?:


So are Ben's parents. I love it so much.

Pete was having the best time terrorizing his family. Here he is with Troy:


He would grab a kid and toss them into the cold pool. He was trying all night long to toss Nat in.

Sooo much fun, Mom and Dad. Thanks for all you do to entertain our family. I love our family so much. We are always doing stuff. None of this sit-around-and-watch-TV-all-the-time crap. We're bowling, or swimming, or playing games, or going to plays. We are movers and shakers. I love it.

3 comments:

lexykay said...

why can't all families be as fun and as interactive as we are? i just think we rock. dude, are you so stoked for christmas break? we are going to work out everyday!!! and i'm totally trying those kangoos.
hey, did you get any pictures of me and chris? i know we got there late and missed the swimming action. just curious.

Anonymous said...

I wish we were like that!! When we go visit family we love to hang out. We're the hang out type of family. Doing this sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe we'll do it the next time Marks parents are in town, but then it would be different since they don't live in town...fun anyway!!:)

Emily Empey said...

That looks like so much fun!! My family has lots of fun together too! I LOVE IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...