Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I love moments like this.

Watching T.V. and snuggling:


Dylan saw this picture today when I was uploading it, and he said, "Be sure to write on your blog that I was NOT sleeping. Maybe I was blinking or something." Alright, bud.

Speaking of "bud," I have a funny story. Well, maybe it's only funny to me. So my dad had minor surgery yesterday. Poor, poor man. Don't worry - he is doing really well.

Um, that's not the funny part. Not even remotely funny. Here's the funny part. I was visiting him in the hospital yesterday, and this nurse dude came into take his stats. So he knocks on the door, then timidly pushes it open, and says, as if he's speaking to a five-year-old, "Hey, bud, how are you doing??"

I wanted to giggle. How weird, to call a middle-aged, dignified man, "bud." He did it again when he left. "So, bud, are you doing okay? Do you need me to get you anything? No? Alright, bud, we'll see you later." Again, as if Dad is a little kid. It was hilarious. Dad probably doesn't remember that, because he was high as a kite at the time. I love it when various members of my family are hooked up to that IV that drips the "good stuff" after a surgery. They're so lovey and sweet. "I love you soooooooo much, Kar. You mean so much to me. I'm so proud of you. You're such a good mother...." It's the best. I really revel in those post-surgery moments... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture:) They really are the best moments! I'm glad your dad is doing well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...