Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't Give Me No Hand-Me-Down Love


I found the above picture when I googled "hand-me-downs." I thought it was funny.

Anyways, my adorable little Gagey grew out of his 3- to 6-month clothes, so I packed them up into two big garbage bags and took them to Once Upon a Child. I was hoping that maybe I could make $20 or so, just to pad my grocery budget a little bit. (Or squander it all on eating out for lunch, tee-hee.)

They only took two things, out of those two whole bags. I made $1.80. Ridiculous. That's probably how much I spent driving there and back.

I sighed and lugged the bags to the house of a gal in my ward who has a baby about four months younger than mine. I think that's what I'll do first thing from now on. Forget this "$1.80" crap...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've told you before Craig's List is the way to go!! You could've put up the bags for $20 and I bet someone would've bought them from you!! That's nice that you gave them to a friend who needs them though:)

Lyndsay said...

Wow, $1.80, yeah not worth it. I used to do good selling kid clothes on craigslist, but lately that seems to be tapering. You also would have been better off to take it to GoodWill and get a 20% off coupon! That's where most of my kids clothes come from!

Emily Empey said...

Thats ridiculous!!!

Camille said...

Stupid people! I used to go shop at those places and then realized you can totally buy NEW stuff for the price that they sell their USED stuff for. Ridiculous!

Lynita said...

Yeah I hated that when I lived in Springville and drove all the way into Provo and lost money! I think Megan is right, either that or Ebay!

Unknown said...

the only way to do Once Upon a child is to take only a couple of things in at a time while you are already out... and ya, I don't bother anymore.

:)

Nat said...

I hear they take different things at different times of the year. I knew a lady that would take the same box of clothes every couple of months, and each time they would pull something out. You'll do best with brand names, like Gap or OshKosh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...