Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Graffitti

We had to throw away all of our crayons. Micah wouldn't stop decorating our entire house with them. Ben has scrubbed off a bunch, but here are the more recent additions that he hasn't gotten to yet:

So now, if the kids have coloring homework, they use our colored pencils, which I keep out of reach unless it's homework time. I ONLY get them down for homework. I know, I'm such a jerk, stymie-ing their creativity, but seriously, enough is enough.

It's a good thing we got rid of the crayons, because as I have recently discovered, the other kids were having some house-decorating fun with them, too.

Dylan, in a fit of anger in his room, wrote this epithet on the wall above his bed:

"I hat dad." Lovely.

Just found Sadie's name on each of her shelves in her closet:

This must have been before school started, because now she writes her d's correctly. :)

And this is on the back of her bedroom door:

I guess I need to buy some more Magic Erasers and some extra protective gloves (since Magic Erasers are supposedly really toxic or something) and put the kiddos to work, scrubbing off their artistic expressions. Sigh. They really do know better.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Yeah, Magic Erasers are fine for moms to handle (though still wash after using them), but kids? I made Brock use one once and he totally had diarrhea and the barfies for a couple of days afterwards. Incidentally, our cat ate part of it, and barfed for a few days, too. It was awesome.

The Dillons said...

Oh dear, you are right. Enough is enough! "I hat dad" oh dear...I remember saying things like that when I was younger. Good luck with the magic eraser.

Emily Empey said...

haha Oh my goodness! Mary does the same thing it drives me nuts!!!

Mindy H. said...

Wow. Your little guy is quite a prolific artist!

And I still find my siblings and I's names written-on/carved-in things around my parents house. It must just be a rite of passage thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...