Monday, February 7, 2011

DON'T Save the Drama for Your Mama

Dylan did something bad one night - I don't remember what, because let's face it - he does a zillion naughty things every single day. Ben sent him to bed early. Dylan sat in there screaming bloody murder for like an hour. He kept yelling, "YOU DON'T LOVE ME!!! YOU DON'T LOVE ME!!!" We kept going in there, saying calmly, "Yes, we do love you, but you need some time away from everyone, because you did such-and-such." But after awhile, we got tired of telling him to be quiet, so we just shut his door and tried to ignore his muffled screams.

When it was finally time to put Micah to bed (he and Dylan share a room), Dylan was sound asleep. I was tucking Micah in when I saw this sign prominently displayed on the ladder to Dylan's bunk:

Oh jeez. The thing is, he knows we love him. He's always saying stuff like, "I know you love me because you help me with my homework," or, "I know you love me because you give me hugs and kisses," etc. But he pulls out the superlatives when he's mad at us: "You NEVER let me play on the computer!" "You ALWAYS put me to bed early!" "I'll NEVER forgive you, as long as I live!!!"

Such drama. So unnecessary.

3 comments:

Nat said...

You should TOTALLY submit that pic to Passive Agressive Notes! It's perfect! So funny.

The Dillons said...

Like the title :) Oh to be a kid again...

Emily Empey said...

hahahhahaha Thats hilarious! Kids crack me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...