Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tenacious B

I cannot believe these freakin' Box Elder bugs. They are the bane of my existence. Every autumn, we battle them for weeks and weeks. They come from the drug dealer's trees and migrate across the street to hang out on our warm, south-facing, brick house. Usually, once December rolls around, we have a reprieve until the following autumn.

Not this year. They have, somehow, been surviving this winter. I don't know how they do it. I found this little guy that week when the nights were hitting negative 20 and negative 30:

I killed him, and then his friend on the inside of our kitchen window the next day. This morning, Ben found and killed one on a kitchen cabinet. It was a baby. Dude. It's not a huge problem - it's not like there's a swarm of them. Just the three so far. But I feel like it's a little early for bug season, you know? That's the ONLY good thing about winter around here - a break from the bugs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh joy of joys.. My parents had that problem really badly in their Bountiful house. *shivers* ew

Anonymous said...

UGH! I hate those things!:P Hope they don't keep coming out for you guys right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...