Friday, February 11, 2011

Oops, I did it again...

No, I didn't play with your heart. Or get lost in the game. I made sugar cookies with the kids again. Even though I vow not to, every time I do it.

This time actually turned out semi-pleasant, for the following three reasons: 1) This time, I pre-cooked the cookies by myself the night before. It went soooo much faster without having to referee fights over whose turn it is to roll the dough out, whose turn it is to cut the cookie shapes out, etc. 2) Then I went ahead and frosted like three-fourths of the cookies by myself while the older two were at school and the younger two were napping. I would have had to frost three-fourths of them anyways, because the kids lose interest really quickly. I was just preparing for that loss of interest, so I was less frustrated when they inevitably lost interest. Micah woke up when the kids got home, and all three decorated like 15 cookies, tops. And, lastly, 3) Micah was only in charge of sprinkles. I would frost a cookie, and he would sprinkle it. And I would make him stop once he was starting to build up a little mountain of sprinkles on each cookie. He was satisfied, and I was satisfied. The Garmented One, trying to frost a cookie while I was busy taking pictures:

We actually made a double batch again, because I wanted to give some to the families that I visit teach, and also the families that Ben is supposed to home teach (even though he doesn't do it).

I delivered the cookies the next day, and I slipped on some icy stairs of one recipient. I fell HARD right with my back on the stairs, which actually knocked the air out of me for a couple of minutes. I just lay there on the stairs, gasping for air, wondering if the recipient could see me through her window (I just left the cookies on peoples' doorsteps - I didn't have time to chat with any of them - I'll save that for my actual visit this month) or if her neighbors were staring at me. I could hear my two youngest crying in the car, but I couldn't do a dang thing for awhile.

I finally caught my breath and got up, waddling back to the car. For the rest of the day, my back just felt... scrunched. Like a bunch of loose ribs crunching all around in there. I don't know. It's still sore.

Anyways.

Yeah, we shaved off Dylan's mohawk. It looks soooo much better.

So I ate like a hundred sugar cookies just myself - seriously. I crave sugar soooooo much lately. I don't know why. I've just been so exhausted - I think part of me subconsciously craves that rush that sugar helps to create, that energy. But I know that, after the rush, comes the crash. Time to go get my thyroid checked again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy do I hear ya on the sugar thing... MUST. HAVE. SUGAR!

Emily Empey said...

I LOVE sugar cookies!!!! Yummy!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Looks like it was a delicious success!! I am laughing out loud at Micah wearing your garments on his head, it kills me! And I hope your back feels better, I have only had the wind knocked out of me once and it was really freaky! I thought I was going to die! Hope you are ok!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you prepared before hand this time! It sounds like it was such a better experience for all:) I'm on a sugar high too. I have to have candy every day. It's crazy!!:P

The Dillons said...

I'm very proud of you for making the cookies and having your kids make some until they lost interest :)

Nat said...

Oh, how I love sugar cookies. We are completely out of "snacks" at my house, meaning fruit snacks, and chocolate... I should make me some sugar cookies. Or no-bakes...mmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...