Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh jeez.

Ben insisted on cutting the boys' hair a couple of weeks ago. They both needed cuts really badly. I reminded him to do a 1 on the bottom, a 3 on the top, and to blend in between.

Not how it turned out.

Micah was fighting Ben so badly that, when Ben had the trimmers on a 1 and was trying to do the bottom, Micah jerked in a way that the trimmers veered into what should have been 3 territory. So Ben shaved Micah's whole dang head:

He seriously looks like a chemo patient. Whenever we go the store, I see people glancing in an astonished/sympathetic manner at Micah. I can tell they're thinking, "Oh, that poor kid with cancer..." Nope, folks. My husband just shaved his head, and his hair is clear, so.....

This new cut has made Micah all the more insistent on wearing my garments on his head as fake hair. My garments stick to his head so much better now that he's all stubbly up there. Don't worry - when we leave the house, the garments stay in the house. And he cries the whole time we're gone. When we have visitors, and they try to lift up the garmies to see Micah's new haircut, he says, "Top it!" and replaces the garmies/hair again. Sigh.

Then it was Dylan's turn. Dylan has been begging me to let him get a mohawk for years now. I've never acquiesced, but he talked his dad into it:






When Ben was all done, Dylan came dancing out in his underwear. He was soooo excited that he was literally dancing all around the house.

A gal in my ward who does hair says that it's very hard to cut a straight mohawk, and that Ben did a really good job.

I, obviously, hate it. But whatever. If he wants ugly hair, that's his deal. I did tell him, however, that I want him to grow it in for his baptism. To me, mohawks and baptismal fonts don't really go together.

7 comments:

Emily Empey said...

hahah thats HILARIOUS!!! Sorry I never called you back! I am a horrible friend! I will call you tomorrow!!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

haha I am dying that Micah wears your garments on his head...that is hilarious! And I guess if Dylan wants a mohawk, at least he has the right shaped head for it! I am not a mohawk professional, but I think it probably makes all the difference!! haha

The Dillons said...

Oh my! Your kids keep things entertaining, they are great. I am not a fan of mohawks either, but Dylan does look pretty good with it. haha

Patty said...

The mohawk just LOOKS like Dylan to me.

Nat said...

Now Dylan looks like Puck from Glee! He has a mohawk. And an awesome singing voice. And one time with Troy I did a 2 on top, and he looked bald because he is/was also blond. I'm sure it looks fine.

Camille said...

Wow - Josh would have died and gone to heaven if we let him get a hair cut like that! He LOVES loves loves loves mohawks. There was a time when we did the "fohawk"......when his dad wasn't looking, but haven't done it for awhile.
And it's too funny that Micah wears your garms on his head......poor little baldy need to keep warm!
Cute!

Amy said...

At least hair grows.... You are a nice momma to let Dylan keep the mohawk. I would have freaked out and shaved it off. Maybe you could invest in a nice hat for Micah- for public at least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...