Sunday, March 9, 2008

Boat Show

On Friday night, we went with my parents to a boat show. My dad and husband adore going to these things. Neither dad and mom nor Ben and I are in the market for a boat, but it's fun to see the newest boats and the newest ways people have found to be pulled behind a boat!


They have this thing now where people actually surf on the wake behind the boat. You have to get a boat with this special tank that you fill with water. This tank sits at the back of the boat and, because it's so heavy, it creates a huge wake. And you only go, like, 9 miles an hour. Another new thing I saw was that people will wakeboard, but then somehow let go of their rope and kind of...parasail, without being attached to the boat. I'm not sure how or when they open the parachute thing, but oh well.


These things are exciting, but I'd much rather perfect my slaloming skills. I worked too dang hard to learn how to slalom to just let it all go for the (in my opinion) easier skill of wakeboarding. It's like snowskiing. I refuse to take up snowboarding, because I took years of skiing lessons, and dang it, it took a long time to get okay at it!! My sister, Lexi, feels the same way. She took a "ski" class in college, and she was the only skier in the class. The rest were snowboarders. So she got a ski instructor all to herself, while the snowboarders were in larger groups per one snowboarding instructor.


Dylan in a fishing boat - he thought these were the greatest:

Sadie on a ski boat that my dad had his eye on:


Sadie and Dad on that same boat:

Mom, checking out the boat:

And Dylan checking out the boat:

In the following picture, Ben is lifting up Sadie to see the inside of the yellow version of this same boat that my dad liked. I think he liked the yellow one better than the dark blue one. I agree. It just catches your eye. Sadie was freaked out about being on Ben's shoulders. She kept grabbing Ben's eyeglasses. He's trying to bat her hands away with his left hand in this picture:


Following is a picture of Dylan and Sadie inside the cabin of a really large boat. I don't know the name of these boats. They're 28 feet long, and they have little cabins underneath:

Dylan in the "bedroom" portion of one of these kinds of boats:


Dylan and Sadie on a jet ski:

There's this brand of ski boat - the Malibu. These buggers are fast. They seem kind of longer than the other ski boats. They are also much more expensive! The average Malibu runs $80,000. We thought the Malibu symbol looks like the Transformers symbol, so Ben posed as a transformer - he was trying to seem devoid of feeling, like a machine. He's really silly:

Dylan and Sadie on another ski boat. Dylan is holding some little toys he got out of some coin machines at the Chinese place we ate at before we went to the show:


Dylan in that same boat:

Dylan and Sadie, hanging out on some kind of biscuit, watching Cars:

As we were leaving, my Dad said, "Man, these boat shows are fun, but all you do is sit and covet." I guess that's true! I'm just fine riding in Dad's ski boat, circa 1989. It's been a great boat, and it's in really good shape. We'll see if I can waterski this summer, after Micah is out of me. I will probably be way too weak!! But I'll give it a shot.

6 comments:

Malibu Boats said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love the pictures. I will be sure to pass on the "Transformers" comparison to our boys in R&D. They will get a kick out of that. And by the way, the average price for a Malibu boat is not quite as high as you might think. We offer about 15 models with a price range for everyone, but depending on which models were present at your show, it might have seemed that way. Especially if there was Corvette boat there. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Take care.

Jenny said...

how fun!

good luck w/ the water skiing this summer. :) i have a friend who ran a half marathon a couple of months after having a baby!!!! ruby is almost 15 months and i'm just barely getting enough oomph to think about excerising again. oh boy. :)

Nat said...

Dude, I've only waterskied maybe two or three times in the last...5 years? Because I'm always pregnant! We'll have to see how it goes this year-after the baby comes I'm totally going to walk/run on our treadmill so I don't get embarrassed by my lack of strength and endurance!

Nicole said...

What fun! I love waterskiing....although it feels like ages since I've done it. I think I've been either pregnant or had an infant attached to me for too long!

And yay for spring! (ESPECIALLY in Idaho!)

Gifford Family said...

What fun! You guys are always out and about. We boring old Giffords just send our kids out to chase cougars if we need a little excitement in our day!

Beej said...

I really love Dylan's jacket. It's super cool.

I'm jealous that you get to hand out with the family all of the time and do random things together. I have no friends and no life at all. I get pretty lonely.

I sometimes wish that dad would get a new boat, but then I think that our boat works just fine, so why would we need a new one. I guess that I covet as well.

I hope that we can all get together this summer to boat. I heard something about the Fourth of July?!?

p.s. get rid of your word verification

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...