Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Morning

We had to wake up the kids a little early on Sunday morning, because we had to have our Easter egg hunt, then hurry and get ready for church. First, we looked to see what the Easter Bunny left in our baskets. Sadie got some new church shoes:

And Dylan got two new church belts. I know. The Easter Bunny is sooo boring :)

The kids also got Easter Nerds candy. They love Nerds. I had to help open the packages for them:

The Easter Bunny got Ben the movie, O Brother, Where Art Thou? We used to own it, and we lost it in one of our moves. So he was really excited to get that in his basket:



And then the Easter Bunny got me a new paper cutter and some storage boxes for my scrapbooking stuff. Ben is so cute. We do each others' baskets every year, and he always gets the perfect thing for me:


Last year, I got Dylan a little toy bunny that winds up, and then "poops" out jelly beans. I saved it for him to play with this year, when I got out the Easter decorations, but it wasn't working, and he was so disappointed. So this year, I found, for both him and Sadie, a chicken that poops out jelly beans. Dylan loaded the chicken with jelly beans, and then he said, "Get a load of this, Mom!!" Then he wound it up and watched, with great joy, as the chicken successfully pooped out the jelly beans. I can't believe he said, "Get a load of this!" It was funny:

Then we had our little Easter egg hunt. We had to keep Titan in his kennel while we did it, or he would have chewed all of them up:





6 comments:

Jenny said...

looks like a great morning! ours was hectic w/ the baskets. the easter bunny left a basket of eggs on the table for mom and dad to hide after church at our house. :) i'm much to lazy to get up any earlier than i have to. :)

Nat said...

So fun! Again, maybe next year! :) The Easter bunny only brought us candy. Next year he'll need to bring less candy and cooler presents!

Beej said...

How fun for you guys! I miss Easter Egg Hunts. They were my favorite. I was really good at them! I wish that I could have been there with you guys and watched all of the fun. I'm glad that you guys got gifts and candy. The chicken that poops jelly beans sounds really, really cool. I'm jealous.

I miss you guys. And I hope you had a good Easter. Sorry I had to get off of the phone so fast...

Chad said...

You guys got a lot done before church. I would have been boring and made the kids wait until the afternoon to hunt for eggs. Remind your kids how lucky they are to have such an attentive Easter Bunny. :)

Gifford Family said...

What a fun Easter. Glad you guys had such a great holiday!

Lynita said...

So fun! Ryan and I don't do any baskets for each other, I miss that. Maybe next year we will have to start that again! Ryan would love O Brother Where Art Thou, we have the soundtrack and listen to it every once in a while. We did not do the egg hunt this year cuz of having a crazy weekend at the car dealership! Oh well we have a lot of work to do next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...