Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Brock's Birthday

My nephew, Brockie, turned three today! We went over tonight for cake and ice cream. He was all smiles when we were singing to him:

We had Brock open presents before we dug in to the cake. Here, Mom and Dylan are helping Brock open the present Ben and I got for him - a Superman who "bends steel." It's the funniest toy - you push a button on his back, and he bends this thing that is supposed to be a piece of steel:

Whenever we had to help Brock with that annoying wiring that goes around every nook and cranny to keep toys in place in the packaging, he was sooo worried that we were going to steal his new toys. He would do this nervous hand-fidget thing. So funny:

Once he opened all of his toys, he had to hold every single one of them - he didn't want anyone stealing one!!

After cake, the kids ran downstairs to play. The adults stayed upstairs and chatted, but Ben and Mom couldn't resist playing with the Bending Steel Superman:


I stole the next two from Nat's blog. Me and Ben (could I look any nastier??):

And my kids with my mom:

3 comments:

Nat said...

Kar, thanks for coming over last night! Jakob has kind of taken over the steel-bending Superman. My boys are funny like that.

Jenny said...

i'd forgotten that brock and jonah have the exact same birthday. (probably born w/in hours of each other) hope he had a great day!

Beej said...

I'm glad that you could go to Brock's birthday. I really wish that I could have been there. You are a good aunty.

I love how adults like to play with toys, too. I remember when I decided that I was too old to play with toys and Barbies, even though I still wanted to. I wonder if it is still a subconscious desire of mine and of all adults...that we like to play. I mean, think of Dave & Busters. It is the same as a little kid arcade, but somehow they made it okay for adults to play. I don't know....

p.s. get rid of your word verification

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...