Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Promise I Don't Beat My Children...

Dude, every day, when I take Dylan to preschool, I seriously wonder if they are going to call CPS on me. He always has bruises and scratches everywhere. Sadie, too. She runs into the kitchen table all the time. She just doesn't pay attention to where she's going. Here's Dylan's scratch from Ben - I think I told you about this before - they were playing "bear," and Ben was pawing at the air, and Dylan tripped and fell into Ben's fingernail, essentially. He has a big old scar from that incident still, unfortunately. And Sadie is showing a bruise on her forehead, from running into the table, of course:

And here is Dylan, showing his scratches from Titan. Titan is a large breed, hyper puppy, so when Dylan tackles him, chokes him, kicks him (we get him into trouble whenever we see such behavior, but we can't catch everything), the dog thinks, "Ooooh, it's time to PLAY!!!!" And he starts jumping all around and pawing the air. And sometimes his paws make contact with Dylan's face. He's as tall as Dylan is when he stands on his hind legs. So Dylan looks like he's been hit by shrapnel. None of the rest of us have dog wounds, and I keep telling Dylan that, if he wouldn't pick on Titan, he wouldn't get scratched. He doesn't get it yet:

5 comments:

Nat said...

I totally wonder the same thing about my kids-if someone will call child services on me. I'm like, "They just fall a lot", which sounds like a cop-out on my part. But they do!

Jenny said...

my kids are the same way. i was worried about maxwell a couple of years ago. in one year i think he had to have his face glued (instead of stitches) 3 times. i was sure they were going to send someone to check on us. our kids fall off chairs, run into tables, adn beat each other up all the time. sigh.

Lynita said...

Well you would be the last person I can imagine beating children! Most kids have some war wounds, if they don't then their mom's are generally the hovering type who smother their children with rules! So of the two I would prefer to be accused of beating my kids, cuz I can't stand over bearing parents!lol!

Gifford Family said...

You mean mean mother! Just kidding, I don't think there has ever been a time that at least one of my children looks like I beat them. It is just the clumsy age!

Beej said...

Mia is like Titan. She likes to box. She will get in a playful mood and sneak into our room in the middle of the night and then she punches our faces. It really hurts. She has no idea that it does and she'll keep doing it and wag her tail and act like she is sooooooo cute. Drives me nuts. She looks better by the way. Her coat is coming in and she is acting like herself. Actually, she is acting like a puppy again, which is a little annoying.

Hang in there with Titan. It'll get better, I promise. He'll grow up eventually.

p.s. get rid of your word verification.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...