Friday, March 14, 2008

New Clothes

Ben's stepmom, Brenda, is the BEST. This is a picture of her:

Every now and then, she sends us clothes for the kids. And thank goodness she does, because we don't have room in the budget for clothing. She recently sent a box of clothes for Sadie and Dylan in the sizes bigger than the sizes they are currently wearing. After thanking Brenda profusely, I folded them up nicely and put them in a box for when Dylan and Sadie each jumped up to the next size. Well, two days later, I noticed that all of Dylan's shirts were turning into unflattering belly-revealing shirts (see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. The shirt that Bill wears throughout the movie is exactly the look Dylan was sporting):

I also noticed that all of Dylan's pants were highwaters. So I had to dig them out of the box, two days after packing them away. Several months ago, Brenda had given us a few other outfits for Dylan to "grow into," so we were able to pull those out, too. Dylan was ecstatic. He calls his new shirts his "cool" shirts. I won't let him wear his shorts yet (it snowed yesterday. Dude), and his new shirts are all short-sleeved, but if he is wearing a coat outside, it doesn't matter too much. Here is Dylan, modeling a jacket Brenda got him several months ago, which we saved. Sadie was jealous and wanted to wear one of Dylan's "cool" shirts, so she is modeling one of those. And picking her nose:

Below is Dylan, showing off his new shirt and tie. He's wanted a tie for a million years. He insists upon wearing this tie every week, no matter what the outfit. Dark brown corduroy shirt and blue striped tie. Nice. Red plaid shirt and blue striped tie. Nice. Maybe we'll buy him some more ties for his Easter basket, or something.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Dyl looks so handsome in his church clothes! I haven't been able to find a tie small enough for Jakob, but he loves his sweater vest so it's all good for now-till summer, I guess. I love getting the kids new clothes! I wish it would happen more often...

Jenny said...

hurray for new clothes!!!

i really need to go through our boxes of clothes to see what the boys have for the summer and what we need to buy. then i need to pack up the winter stuff. there are a few problems - 1. some days it's winter and some days it feels like summer so they really need both sets.
2. it takes sooo long to go through clothes sizes 2T-6 or so, and i'm sure ruby will want to "help."

oh well. :)

Beej said...

Dylan looks sharp! Little kids in dressy clothes are cute. I love when little boys are in tuxes. Wait, I love when big boys (i.e. my hubbie) are in tuxes. It is so handsome. I'm glad that they have new clothes.

A note about Bill and Ted's. One of the best movies ever! Definitely Keanu's best movie. The rest are bad, except maybe the Matrix. It is totally rad, dude! And most definitely excellant!

p.s. get rid of your word verification

Lynita said...

I love it when people buy clothes for my kids. Right now I am so lucky to be getting some hand me downs from a neighbor and friend so the kids have lots to wear! Out here the hand me downs are super nice brands and in really good condition, so it totally rocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...