Monday, August 31, 2009

A Cat-Torturer's Heaven


Sorry for the bad quality of this photo. Sigh. I'm working on it. This is Sadie holding Fluffbucket. One and a half more weeks until we can give the kittens to the Humane Society, folks. It's getting grosser and grosser. We had to pull up the carpet in the kittens' closet, and we found, to our dismay, that the carpet was glued right to the cement. And the cement under the carpet isn't smooth. It's gloppy and rough. So when one of the kittens has diarrhea on it, guess who gets to kneel on her hands and knees, scrubbing the diarrhea out of the crevices of cement with a scrub brush?

"Me, that's 'ooh." What movie is that from?? :) I'll be really impressed if anyone gets that one.

Anyways, the poop-cleaning that I've been doing has been really special.

We let the kittens out for a few hours a couple of days ago, and I ended up cleaning seven terds off my carpet. So now we hardly let them out anymore. I let them out for a moment to clean out their area once per day, and then I periodically let Xena in to feed them (and I have to remove the little litter box when she's in there so that she doesn't spray it all over the place), and that's it. Or if they have company that wants to play with them (like Dylan's friends or Nat and her fam), I let them out, but that's it. I've had it, kids. I've had it.

I don't think we can afford Fluffbucket, but that's okay. She'll make someone a wonderful little companion. And I'm really okay just cleaning up one cat's s**t. :) Sorry; there's just no other word for it when you abhor it as much as I do. Like I said, I'm a bad Mormon. :)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

OK, you're hilarious! And you're a realist, not a bad Mormon! :o) I DO NOT want pets. I used to think my mom was so mean (and she let us have a dog) for not letting us have more (on top of 11 kids? Yeah, she was so brutal) and now I TOTALLY get it!

Anonymous said...

I think you're hilarious too, Kar!:) And definitely not a bad mormon! You're you and HE loves you for that:) I slip the s word into my vocabulary more and more lately. It's bad! LOL

Nat said...

Dude. Mary Poppins. (Can I get a WHAT WHAT!!)

Once the kittens figure out the whole litter box thing, they'll be fine. But yeah, I would be overwhelmed with 7 cats, and 7 cats' poop.

J + A Humphreys said...

Oh wow, 7 piles of cat crap??? AND you don't like cats??? I would say you are superwoman at this point. I really, really do NOT love cats and could never, never clean up their diarrhea.

lexykay said...

mary poppins. please karlenn; challenge me.
so i can't come home until october 9th... will i still be able to get cheese?

Amy said...

And that's why we have a no pet rule here. I can't handle it. I know my limits. And the "diet church" thing- hillarious. Never heard the term before, but I might have to adopt it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...