Monday, August 10, 2009

Crazy Daisy

We baby-sat my parent's neurotic dog, Daisy, last week:

She has some issues. If I was British, I would say that she's "nutters." She's scared of thunder and firecrackers, which is normal for a dog, but she takes comfort in standing next to any porcelin toilet. I don't know how a cold piece of hardware could comfort anyone, but there you have it. You can cuddle her and talk to her soothingly, and it will do nothing. But standing next to a toilet will do it. Around the fourth of July every year, my mom has to give her sedatives, because she gets so nervous with all the loud noises. And then she can't walk and falls over. It's pretty funny.
Here are some things around my house that she's scared of (besides my children) - my back steps:

She will run down them to go outside and go potty, but can't bring herself to run up them. She nervously paces in front of the steps and whines, like, "I really want to come back in, but I just can't..." So I have to go out and pick her up and bring her in the house, every time.
She is also scared of this dark strip on the floor between Micah's bedroom and the hall:


She will come into Micah's bedroom over it; no prob. But when she's leaving Micah's room, she paces in front of it, whines, and finally, after about five minutes, jumps over the dark line.
She cracks me up.

3 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Little dogs really are freaks, aren't they? Cute, loving little freaks. They are nice to have with little kids though. Jenny's kids love my friend's little rat dog. What did your momma cat think about having Daisy around?

Anonymous said...

What a funny little dog. I've never really been into the little dogs. That's hilarious about the toilet!!

Nat said...

She's like a sheep, and a cat, and a rat, and a goat, all wrapped into a dog. She's nuts. And cockeyed. Maybe that's why she has floor/stair issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...