Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Roaring Youth Jam - Aptly Named

I honestly don't know why I plan fun things for my kids. It just stresses me out.

Nat and her kids, me and my kids, and Mom went to this annual children's arts festival thingey called the Snake River Roaring Youth Jam last week, and it was... a hard day. For everyone. I'm not sure what was happening with Nat's kids, but after an hour, she had HAD it, and they left. I should have followed her example. Micah just wanted me to hold him the whole time, so he spent the whole afternoon crying. Which is why I say the Roaring Yough Jam is aptly named. My crying, roaring children. Sadie hadn't eaten her lunch, so she was starving, and she was begging me to buy the overpriced food all day. I finally got her a $2 snow cone, which wasn't very good. She decided she didn't want it anymore, so I spoon-fed it to Micah while we waited for half an hour for Dylan to try the rock-climbing wall. Mom took Sadie away while Dylan, Micah, and I were in line, and Sadie talked Mom into buying her a popsicle, which she also decided she hated. Micah was thirsty because Sadie drank everything in his sippy cup, so I had to buy a Capri Sun for a dollar (highway robbery), and Micah still can't figure out how to hold his own sippy cup, so I had to lean over and hold it for him.

Sounds like a special day, no?

I also had a hard day, personally, because of my twin karmas: 1) People always cut in front of me, and 2) People give me bad customer service, or just plain old ignore me. When I was standing in line to get a stupid snow cone for Awesome Sadie, I got cut in front of about three times. Grrrr. And then, when I finally got to the front of the line, the ladies working behind the counter kept helping the people behind me!!! I finally kind of went, "HI. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, SINCE I'M AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE???" The ladies behind the counter looked at me like, "What's her problem??" I also got cut in front of a few times while in line for the rock- climbing wall. Infuriating.

So it was tough. I should just stay at home all the time. Seriously.

This is Jake, upset about something:

Jake is usually really into art projects, but he was having a tough time.

Brock and Troy:
Sadie, being really special:
Parenthetically, Sadie was on channel six news (I had no idea - my grandpa saw it, and so did some friends in our ward), shown playing on the gigantic percussion thingey. I didn't see the 6:00 news, so I turned on channel six at ten, and no video. I have been looking online for it, and it's not there. So I'm sad I missed out on having another kid on the news.
Mom, helping Brock and Troy:

Dylan, making "sand art":
He really couldn't care less about art projects. I think he thinks this Roaring Youth Jam is stupid. I was really into art as a kid, so I would have been loving it, but he just doesn't have the attention span needed for art projects.
Will I go again next year? Nah...
Slides:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so sad we missed it this year! Megann and I went with the kids together last year and it was a lot of fun. Sorry your kids were so bad! I'm sure this year Brynnan would've been horrible to chase around!

Patty said...

Your twin karmas. Yikes. (bikes.) Bad combo. But funny for readers!

Nat said...

I too have those karmas of which you speak. *sigh* Yeah, I think it was mostly Jake AT the youth jam, but ALL my kids before it were all being crazy, so I was in a crappy mood from the get-go, which I'm sure didn't help my kids. Jake started crying because he was worried about his picture blowing away (it had to sit and dry), and that pushed me over the edge. Good times.

Lynita said...

Yeah our little family trip down to DC was a freakin whine fest between Kaitlyn and Ethan. I bought them kites yesterday but we haven't had enough wind, so whining and complaining has insued! Maybe I should sit them in a completely empty room for a day and see if they can show a little grattitude! I feel your pain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...