Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just Keep Swimming

I was so excited that I was able to sign up the kids for swimming this year. I couldn't afford it last year. I loved taking swimming lessons growing up, and I think it's an important thing to know how to do.

Dylan did take swimming lessons two years ago, which qualified him for Polliwog B class. Here are some action shots. He is second-from-left in this picture:

Using the kickboard:


Practicing kicking:

Sadie's in the beginning class, Pike. She is sooo not going to pass! (She won't put her face in the water.) But at least she's having fun. I was worried she'd be one of the ones who cries the whole time. But she's doing good in that way. Some shots of her:

This is the extent to which she'll put her face in the water. She'll let some in her mouth and spit it out:


Sadie has missed three classes this week because she's been sick (more on that later), so she is definitely not going to pass, and what a waste of money.... But I guess that's life. She's feeling better today, so off to the pool we shall go.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Ah, swim lessons. I'm still thinking I'm going to put my kids in in the winter sometime-that is, if I can fit it into my already insane schedule! What cuties.

Mindy H. said...

I loved swimming lessons... even though I was one of those chicken kids who was afraid of everything. But those lessons have really paid off, especially this summer with all of the swimming I have been doing. I need to write my mom a thank you note for paying for, and hauling me to swimming lessons all those summers. I'm sure your kids will thank you some day too!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love Sadie's swim suit! And the 2nd to last picture of her is just darling!

Lynita said...

Wish I could afford the lessons for my kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...