Wednesday, August 19, 2009

PP from PP


This is my friend, Patty P. She is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So Ben and I call her PP from PP.

Her birthday was last week, and she threw herself a little party at the park in our neighborhood. Sooooooo fun. I stole all these pictures from her blog. Her fam came down from Rexburg (that's where they live now), and it was fun to meet them - I've heard so much about them, and they are just as fun as they sounded.

We had fabulous food - burgers from the grill, pasta salad, chips galore... Yum. While the adults ate, the kids played around. My kids are anti-eatites. Dylan brought over his alka-seltzer exploder thingeys and set them off:

Then Ken made me gather everyone together to sing Happy Birthday to Patty and have cupcakes. I guess he knows that I can yell really loudly when I want to, and that I have no problem making a fool of myself in front of people I don't know. So, after yelling, "Hey, everyone! Come on over to sing for Patty! Come on! You can do it! Gather 'round! You know you want to! That's right, get up and come on over! You can sit down again in just a minute!!" we all sang. And Patty blew out the imaginary candle on her cupcake. And we ate. Yum.

Then we played Bocci, an Italian game. (Patty's mom is Italian.) Tons of fun. I'm not good at it, but thanks to the supreme skills of Patty and Janniel, the girls' team won. Patty made up a pretty cool victory dance.

Here's Patty and her hubs, Ken:


Happy Birthday, Pats! Thanks for being my friend!!

7 comments:

Nat said...

She's so cute! And funny. I totally blog stalk her. :)

Patty said...

I whole post just for me! Do another one! Do another one!

I totally blog stalk Nat. Maybe I should just be open about it and add her to my list. It'd save me some time.

Patty said...

The word verification right now is "noggi." Egg "Noggi." I wanna get "noggi." Kinda fun.

Carrie said...

That is my kind of girl. I am all about throwing my own birthday parties when I want one. I figure I just as well not have expectations for anyone else because then I am just setting myself up for disappointment.

Amy said...

She sounds great. I'll have to go check out her blog. :) And it totally reminds me of Peppermint Patty from Charlie Brown. Is that wrong? "Chuck?"

J + A Humphreys said...

I love the picture of your kids! So cute!

Mindy H. said...

What a fun party! And what a fun photo of your kids in the header. I am really diggin' Micah's diggin'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...