Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rigby Lake

On Patty's official birthday, she asked if I wanted to go to Rigby Lake with her. I, of course, said, "H Yeah!" and brought my mom and sistah with me.

I haven't been to Rigby Lake since, like, maybe 1995. Seriously. The beach stretched so far from the car to the water, and the sand was searingly hot. It was never that fun for me.

But man, oh man, have times changed! They charge $5 per car now, which is kind of a bummer, but the fare has gone a long way. Now, there is lots of grass from the parking lot to the little beach area. The beach area is relatively small, and you can kind of put your blankets on the grass, walk 10 feet on the beach, and then get into the water. There are tons of big play toys for the kids and nice bathrooms. So I'm a fan.

Here are The Patster and Dylan:


She is so good with him. With all of my kids, really. And, by the way, that water was c-c-c-cold!!

Madre:


Micah, generously offering Mom his binkie:


I had to put sunscreen on Micah's scalp, so that day, he was channeling Billy Idol:


The likeness is uncanny:


Lex spent the afternoon studying for the GRE:


Sadie was still hovering at a 99 degree temperature on this day, so we shouldn't have gone, but I was going stir-crazy in the house. And she really seemed to feel pretty good all afternoon:



It was big fun. And my kids were actually decent, which was a nice change! :)

5 comments:

The Dillons said...

I love that place. Can I just say, I love Patty's swimming suit. She thought she shouldn't wear it at the ward camp out. I thought it was totally fine. I missed you and your family there. Cute pics

Patty said...

What a summer of memory building we have had. Thank you a hundred times over for posting a picture of me and swimming suit. Now the world will know how much I hide under my clothes.

Jenny said...

who knew that they'd fixed the place up? i remember going a few times in jr. high or high school, and it was always kind of a hole, but really fun. i'm glad you had a good time. thanks for being so sweet about commenting on my blog. i love reading your comments!

Mindy H. said...

Wow. I haven't thought about Rigby Lake in a long, long time. That is so cool that they fixed it up and made it nice for families.

I'm glad that you got to have such a great family outting. Looks like tons of fun!

Nat said...

What fun! I would have gone, but the kids were being CRAZY that day, and I was not wanting to yell at them in public. It was way fun as kids going there; we'll have to hit it again sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...