Monday, August 3, 2009

Greg and Gloria Were Here!

Ben's mom and stepdad came to visit for a few days last week. So fun. Again, I wasn't in much of a picture-taking mood, and now I'm regretting it. We went to a huge family reunion in Shelley on that Saturday, and it was sooooooooooo hot. And I didn't know anyone. So me and the kids left after just a couple of hours. The heat just makes me antisocial and really tired and grumpy.

Here are Greg and the kids, playing catch:









The kids have such good grandparents.

Gloria has had this spice rack that is probably as old as Ben is. And I've always wanted one just like it. Well, she remodeled her kitchen and no longer needs it, and she brought it down to me!!! The only place it could fit is in the front kitchen/entryway area. So you open our front door, and Laaaaaa... Spices!!:



Oh well. I'm just thrilled to have more cupboard space.

And Gloria, if you took any pictures from that weekend, send them my way!

5 comments:

Patty said...

I la-HOVE that spice cabinet. Are you going to go with Ben's bamboo idea for it?

Unknown said...

wow, I must be abnormal. I have OODLES of spices. So many a normal spice rack won't hold them all. In fact I put them on storage shalves in my pantry lol Nice rack though! hehe

Mindy H. said...

Having family visit is soooooo much fun, especially when they bring presents like that great spice rack.

I totally feel your pain with the whole family reunion thing, too. I really, really dislike not knowing anyone, especially when everyone else seems to know each other. I'm glad you got to go, though. I'm sure it was fun to show off your cute kids, even in the heat.

Nat said...

YAY for your spice rack! And YAY for Greg and Gloria.

Anonymous said...

Grandparents are the best, aren't they? I love them!

I love that spice rack too! We bought one when we moved into our old house. It was nice to have the extra cabinet space!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...