Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fathah's Buried Treasahs

My sisters and I watched wayyyy too many movies growing up. And the lines in those movies became part of our daily vernacular.

In the Disney cartoon, Peter Pan, Michael has hidden his dad's cufflinks, pretending that they are buried treasure. The dad is looking all over for them. Michael finally remembers where they are, and he gives them to his dad, saying, "Fathah...the buried treasah."

Sooo, whenever we had to give something to dad, we would say, "Fathah...the buried treasah." A set of car keys, a glass of milk, anything became "the buried treasah." We thought we were pretty funny.

So here are some pics of the buried treasahs that my kids and I got for Ben for Father's Day.

Buried Treasah #1: I made him breakfast on a Sunday morning:

This doesn't happen very often when I'm pregnant. I'm just wayyyyy too sick. But I made the sacrifice, got my butt out of bed, and did it.

Buried Treasah #2: I got Ben three t-shirts. And I made him get rid of three of his nastiest t-shirts, which he was still wearing in public on a regular basis. I don't have any photos of the new shirts. Sowwy.

Buried Treasah #3: The new Stephenie Meyer novella, The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner:

Ben is a Twi-Hard, for those of you who don't know. Big time. (I read it when he was done. It was interesting. I'm thirsting for another large novel from her, though. It just wasn't enough for me. Did you catch that pun? Thirsting??)

Buried Treasah #4:
A box of chocolates:


Probably his favorite present. He literally ate the entire box in one sitting. I was excited to use my dollar-off coupon for that present. I am such a nerd, hoarding my coupons...

Ben is a fantastic father. He is in there, changing poopy diapers, bathing the kids now that I can't reach over the tub very well... He reads his favorite kids' chapter books to them at night (Gregor the Overlander series), he plays games with them... They love him. And respect him. Because he can yell REALLY loudly. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, the breakfast you made looks so yummy!! I only made blueberry muffins. Not too exciting. Mark loved his candy too:) Ben is a great dad! I'm glad he's so helpful with the kids!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...